Saturday, August 20, 2016

[EVENT] The 1872 Clipper Tea Co X My Floral Loft : Hand Tied Floral Bouquet Workshop


Spent a lovely Saturday at Yellow Cup Coffee to learn how to create our own hand-tied floral bouquet from Rachel of My Floral Loft. The whole cafe were filled with pretty flowers, the latest Orchid Collection teas and tea puffs from 1872 Clipper Tea Co and we all went home with our bouquet and a goodie bag. Thank you for the invitation! 


The workshop was held at the Yellow Cup Coffee branch at Central Square. This is my first time there.


Giant Pikachu costume greeted us. The pokemon frenzy is still going on. We predicted it will die down soon unless there's new updates to the game. It's kind of bored for me already since my home and workplace where I spent the most of my time at has got not much pokemons to catch most of the time. 


Beautiful flowers consisting of Hydrangeas, Cappuccino Roses, Cotton, Lavender, Wheat, Blackberry.


Rachel from My Floral Loft patiently teaching us how to create our own hand bouquet. We are doing a spiral arrangement and to take note to always have a binding point and to criss-cross the flowers in one direction. The Blackberry have a lot branches so have to clear the leaves first.


  I chose the blue hydrangea as my base. One stalk of the blue hydrangea is big enough so the rest is just to add on. This is my finished bouquet waiting to be tied and wrapped up. I did not add in the leaves as I want it to be simple. I really should consider floral arrangement my next sideline job. Just few months back, I was telling my friends that I wanted to learn more about bridal bouquet too. Bridal bouquet, bridal car deco, bridal corsages, etc. Quite a well-paid job and working for a happy occasion and flowers makes one happier too. 


We had some very nice refreshments and tea provided by The 1872 Clipper Tea Co too.


The 1872 Clipper Tea Co recently launch their Singapore Orchid Collection, a collection of three signature Ceylon tea blends adorned with the exquisite orchid petals for a flora finish.


A gift set like this is suitable for all occasions. Orchid Bloom (a twist of cranberry and orchid) - Ceylon black tea, cream, cranberry flavouring, with orchid petals. Halia Blossom (Teh Halia) - Ceylon black tea, ginger pieces, cream flavouring, with orchid petals. Dragon Eye Bouquet (with longan and rambutan) - Ceylon black tea, ceylon green tea, apple dices, longan and rambutan flavouring, with orchid petals. This collective set of 3 is retailing at $38 at their ION store #B4-07.


Eclairs and tea infused choux puff.


The 1872 Clipper Tea Co launches this brand new collection of tea puffs or tea-infused choux puffs which are baked in collaboration with Japanese-Western patisserie, Dulcet & Studio. Available in five different flavours including Vanilla, Earl Grey, Milk Tea, Matcha, and Eternal Garden (Rose), tea time will never be the same again at their flagshop ION Orchard outlet. This is in addition to the eclairs, matcha rolls and scoop cakes that 1872 Clipper Tea Co. already serves. A box of four tea-infused puffs are sold at $12 and each puff at $3.20.


Ending this post with a lovely group photo. Photo Credit from The 1872 Clipper Tea Co Facebook Page. Thank you once again! 



XOXO


No comments: