We had lunch at a restaurant called Shanghai Tan Pan-Fried Buns before my girl went for her swimming class. It was our first time dining here even though I've been wanting to try for a long time. Chinese food isn't really my girl's preference so we usually accommodate to her taste and choose places she wants to go to.
The signature Shanghai Tan Pan-Fried Bun Platter is a must-order. It's bursting with flavours and is incredibly juicy.
We also ordered the signature soy noodle which was full of small dried shrimp and hubby paired it with the braised pork with chestnuts which was tender and rich in flavour. I had the steamed prawn balls with vermicelli which was nicely seasoned with lots of minced garlic. My girl had the egg fried rice with bacon and shrimp. Love that the homemade barley water has packed with barley inside.
The Resident Network Committee organized a block party for residents featuring sharing sessions by the Housing & Development Board, Land Transport Authority, National Environmental Agency and other government agencies. It was a complimentary BBQ party with food provided. Our MP was there as well.
There were lots of informative sharing and one of the main highlights for me was the Value Meal Vending Machine which operates 24/7. I had no idea it existed until today.
Another important highlight would be the upcoming opening of the Jurong Region Line (JRL) scheduled to open in 2028 and the Cross Island Line which will be the longest fully underground line and is scheduled to open in 2032. Really looking forward to the opening of this two lines for greater connectivity.
Loved the BBQ, the ready-to-eat food, fresh fruits and ice cream. Such a wonderful night with the residents coming together. I hope they organized such party more often.
After dinner came the last segment and the most exciting part of the night which was the lucky draw. We had recently thrown away our rice cooker because it had become infected with bugs. I had a lucky feeling they would call my number for the grand prize and sure enough, my number 0157 was called! I won this Thermal Magic Cooker. Hopefully, it can double as a rice cooker and replace the one we threw away.
XOXO








No comments:
Post a Comment