Sunday, November 06, 2011

偲伶老师生日会 at Qian Xi (Farrer Park) Restaurant (Civil Service Club)


Travelled a bit far from my house to attend a singing teacher's birthday celebration which is held at this restaurant called Qian Xi Restaurant at Farrer Park (Civil Service Club). 


The irony of the whole thing is I didn't even know this singing teacher but since I have nothing on, I might as well join in the celebrations, watched some performances and enjoy the free food. Hehe. So how do I get the invitation? Well, I was invited by my colleague. 


 Her students singing and dancing for the great teacher.


Special guest from Taiwan, I can't remember her name already but she put on a splendid performance.


The singing teacher is the one holding the mike and on second appearance she's holding a bouquet of flowers given by her students.


Her students performing on stage and at one point of time, many get off their seats and create a mass line dance in front of the stage! Super happening, I tell you.


Finally the guys performing. 


The two dressed-up fatty man were throwing souvenirs and I managed to pick up this key chain. Wahaha. Lucky.


It's the cake cutting time but there's still food waiting to be served. 


 I thought after the cake cutting ceremony, there wouldn't be anymore entertainment but I was wrong. The highlight of the night has just began. There's a competition to choose the best male dancer and best female singer as they performed on the spot.


The last performance of the night. It was a hilarious talk show but since I couldn't understand the dialects spoken, I didn't really laugh. Most of the people attending are of a certain age (way older than me) so they could easily understand the whole show and laugh non-stop. Okay, I might as well took down a video of what they were saying and spread the laughter. 




Any kind soul can help me to translate? Hehe.  



These are the food that were being served. Please read my review here. I really enjoyed myself throughout the whole birthday dinner. There were great performances as you can see and never a moment bored. One song that I like and was sang was 但是又何奈。Every dish of the food served were delicious too. I think it's quite a great venue to hold a wedding banquet here.  

No comments: