Thursday, September 10, 2020

[REVIEW] The Art of Seeing Photobook by Renez Wednesday on Kindle

 With majority of the population owning a smartphone that comes with a camera function, it seems like everyone can be a photographer. However, in order to be a good photographer, it takes both skills and talent. I've love taking photos as it allows me to capture many precious moments which when I looked back years later became such fond memories. 

Recently, I was introduced to this e-book called "The Art of Seeing - A Beginner's Guide to Photography by Renez Wednesday" on Kindle and I thought maybe it's time to gain more knowledge and find out why some people is always able to take such good photographs compared to others. As this e-book mainly touches on the perception of the surroundings and sensitivity in the composition instead of the technicality of using a camera, even people like me who only take photos using an iPhone is able to gain some useful insights through this e-book.

Some interesting background with regards to the writer, Renez Wednesday before I share more about the e-book and what I've learnt. Renez Wednesday is a Singapore based, Professional Photographer for more than 10 years and at the young age of 14, she was already awarded an exhibition at Singapore Art Museum. When she was 17, a sudden bout of high fever caused her to become blind temporarily and this led her to come to a decision to share her vision to the world is she recovers. She then explored further in her photography journey. In 2010, she published her own Photography book called Composing Dreams which was partially inspired by her dreams at night. A year later, due to overwhelming feedback, Renez also started her own line of Photography Art Postcards, which were sold islandwide in concept stores and museums in Singapore.


 In 2012, her photo works were feature in various Magazines and Newspapers and her exhibits can be found at Community Centres and MRT stations in Singapore. In 2014, she further shared her knowledge in photography and has since taken in over 200 students in her Photography community. She is delighted to share her knowledge with more people through this book.  

I love how this book is so easy to understand with lots of photo examples. Learnt about the Rule of Thirds for composition and before this, I though it's always better to place the main subject in the middle but the Rule of Thirds is where the main subject is placed at the intersection of the lines. Another section I love is on the Colour Theory that identify colour on the different spectrum and which colour blend best suits the photo. I'm glad that this book has helped me see things in a more photographic way. I'm still trying to find my own vision and style when it comes to taking photos such as flatlays. Although I can't be an expert overnight just by finish reading this book but I will definitely put into practice some of the things learnt and hopefully be able to take better photos than before. 

Just to share again this book is available on Amazon Kindle and is priced at a special Book Launch Promo price of US$ 6.95 instead of US$39.90. This promotion is valid for 2 months only so get your copy today at Amazon Kindle Book Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HL8LRB5

 

Official Social Media:


Official Hashtag: #renezphotography


XOXO

 

No comments: