Friday, September 04, 2020

[Personal] Rena's First Teachers' Day Celebration with Superheroes Theme

 Back in my days, we used to celebrate Teachers' Day on the 1st of September, but since 2011 onwards, Teachers' Day has been fixed on the first Friday of September instead so that the teachers can have a longer weekend to rest and recharge. Likewise for Children's Day which has been changed from the 1st of October to the first Friday of October for the same reason. 


We were informed a few days earlier through the LittleFamilyRoom App that the school will be celebrating Teachers' Day one day in advance which is on Thursday and that the theme for the celebration is Superheroes. Being Rena's first Teachers' Day celebration in school, I felt excited to dress her up according to the theme although I think she do not have any favourite Superheroes characters yet. She had outgrown her Wonder Women costume and so I went to search for a new one. I recalled last year when I got my Halloween costumes from Spotlight, they do sell this kind of superheroes costumes too. 

Made a trip down to Spotlight and I'm right, there are indeed lots of different character costumes to choose from. I got Rena the Supergirl character costume at size 4 - 6 which fits her just nice. At the same time, I also picked up a big packet of candies for Pinata Mix and some heart-shape chocolates too from Spotlight as well. Happy to settle all the items needed at just one stop.  

Together with Rena, we packed the candies and chocolate into individual packets for her to bring to school to distribute. It was a great time doing this together as I also get to learn more about her favourite teachers. There was even one unfamiliar teacher's name which I think is an intern coming to observe the class. They do have interns coming to observe the class occasionally. This was also a great time to show our gratitude and appreciations to the teachers who has been so patiently taking care and nurturing the kids. In my opinion, the pre-primary school teachers deserved equal if not more appreciations as compared to the teachers in the Primary schools too. 


Taking care of a bunch of super active and curious toddlers is not easy task at all. Just one already worn me out and they had to take care of so many of them. Not forgetting sometimes the kids do throw tantrums without any known reasons. It's definitely not an easy job and so I wanna wish all the teachers a Happy Teacher's Day! 


XOXO

  

No comments: