Friday, July 26, 2013

[Review] Ultimate Ears UE Boom 360º Bluetooth Wireless Speaker

Last month, I went to the Logitech Ultimate Ears event for a cool presentation of their latest product known as the UE Boom. (read post here). I was so amazed by this innovative portable speakers so when I was asked if I could do a review on it, I gladly accepted. 

Ultimate Ears is best known for their on-stage, in-ear monitors in the market. From Lady Gaga to Ben Wallace to Vanessa Hudgens, more and more artists, athletes and celebrities are using Ultimate Ears than any other brand (Source of who's using UE products here). The creation of custom-fit professional earphones changes the way artists perform music on stage. It's definitely the No. 1 choice for touring music artists.   


So when UE Boom, their first wireless bluetooth speaker was introduced to the market, many music lovers are putting high expectations on this interesting looking portable speaker. It's even touted as the first ever social music player. 

There's so many different types and brands of speakers out there but what makes UE Boom so unique? Does it have the sound quality for consumers? Let's explore and find out! 

WHAT'S IN THE BOX


Other than the speakers that is placed so neatly inside, there's two other special compartments. One on top, the other below. 


If you've noticed, the two special compartments comes with the cable and voltage symbol.Pull that out like pulling a drawer and inside reveal the speaker's AC power supply and a micro USB adapter cable for charging.  

THE DESIGN


According to the UE Boom website, the UE Boom is available in six different colour combinations. The two special combinations of "blue and yellow" and the "pink and red" is what I didn't see in the launch event so I'm not so sure if it's retailing in Singapore already. The cylindrical shape is able to project near 360 degree of listening pleasure.  


At one end of the speaker is the D-Ring for you to hook it to your bag or hook your favourite keychains on it.


For me, I let my UE Boom wear necklace! Wahaha. 


 I don't hook my UE Boom directly to my bag, instead I put it inside my previous water bottle cover first before I hook it to my bag. This is call double protection! I'm so glad the size fits nicely into it. 

THE CONTROLS

 Controls buttons are set to the minimal with the large "+" and "-" signs on the rubbery panel. It acts as the music volume controls and when you press both the "+" and "-" buttons together, a voice will announce the percentage of battery left. There is no battery indicator so this is the one way to find our whether the battery is running low. 

In my case, I don't really need to press the "+" and "-" buttons on the UE Boom at all as I can adjust the volume on my iPhone too when it's connected and I have another way to check the battery level on my iPhone too! Show you all later! 
  

The power and bluetooth buttons are at the other end of the speaker. A loud drumming sound is produced each time the speaker is turned on and off as well as when it connects or disconnects to a Bluetooth device. To save power, the UE Boom will turn off automatically after 15 minutes if there is no user interaction or music playing. 

WHAT'S SO COOL


I can simply play and share my music all day and all night with this UE Boom speakers. I bring it to my office, to my friend's BBQ party and back home and I'm still using it! Amazing right? Not only does the long lasting 15 hours battery life allows me to bring it out, the UE Boom's water, stain and shock resistance is another great features that makes me go ahead to bring it everywhere with me! 

UE BOOM APP


With the UE Boom app downloaded from the app store, one can choose to double up the volume or play it the stereo style. By doubling up, it means to double the music with two UE BOOMs as they are playing the same music source at once. 

Double Sound: Each speaker plays both Left and Right Channels
Stereo: One speaker is Left and the other is Right. One can even switch the Left and Right UE BOOMs in this mode.  


Inside the app is also the setting. Yes, here's the alternative place to check the battery level as well as to rename your speaker. 

LASTLY


The UE Boom is priced at SGD 299.00 with a 2-year limited hardware warranty. Oh ya. I did an instavideo of me listening to Minion's singing YMCA and my Minions papoy using the UE Boom speakers. View the 15 seconds short clip hereThanks for reading, good night! 

For more information, please visit 


1 comment:

Korg Legacy said...



Bluetooth Battery Monitor CrackI am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me