Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life is like a game of Scrabble : Words with friends

Life is like a game of scrabble. You will never know what letters you are going to get next and the tougher the letter is to form a word, the higher the point it's worth. Just like in life, the harder a job is or how nasty that person is, the more you have to think positive and get it done cause it's may just be a million dollar deal.

 In life, we have to look out for the chances and opportunities out there that will benefits us. In game, it's much easier, aiming the TW (Triple Word) box and try to place a 10 points worth of letter there. That's my strategy. 


 I love playing this game on my iPhone 4 called "Words with friends". Not only it's FREE to download, there's sufficient time for me to plan and think of what word I want to form next. I get to know about this great game when I was so bored waiting for my turn and decided to strike a conversation beside the woman who was also waiting for her turn. I had my first game with her and I was a total noob in my first game. I didn't know what TW (Triple Word), DW (Double Word), TL (Triple Letters), DL (Double Letters) meant. I didn't even know the game must starts in the middle which is indicated by a star.

I invited bf to play with me to test his skill. Lost a few rounds until he became so arrogant that before we played our previous round, he said he would sure beat me. I told him that his luck might change. True enough, I won him. Rather than attacking, he keep trying to play as the defender by making it impossible for me to place on those TW and DW boxes. He would put a few letters to form short word so that I have no choice to link from his words but to form my own longer words and he could get the TW and DW boxes. In the end, with the lady luck smiling at me, I won by 20 points. Serve him right for acting arrogant. Hehe. Now I'm playing a game with the woman whom I first played with. I seems to be on the losing end but I still have my 10 point letter. Hopefully lady luck will smile at me again! ^^

5 comments:

Sueann Tan said...

good analogy of life. very optimistic, i do hope everyone looks at this the same way (:

jfook said...

I love the first paragraph. Totally agree with that.

ChewyJas said...

Hi Sueeeeannn , thanks for the compliment ! I seldom write such an analogy and I'm glad to received positive comments! This just show positiveness attracts positives.

Hi jfook, only the first paragraph is something meaningful, the rest are crappy ramblings and I love ur post on ur visits back to sch. makes me miss schooling so much .. :P

Rottman said...

I also love words with friends, and not only because it's really a fun game. I moved to the US 4 years ago and didn't knew English. I moved here with my husband but I really felt misplaced and "incapable" only because I didn't knew the language.
I started learning and expanding my vocabulary by playing scrabble and words with friends, that was really a fun, interactive way of learning new words and phrases.
And I still love playing it and learning new things, so if anyone has a words with friends cheats site, I would love to get recommendations! ;)

ChewyJas said...

Hi Rottman, yes, we learn a language by speaking it, writing it and reading it. I believe you have already master the English language and congrats to you on that ! :) Continue playing these words games !