Thursday, May 16, 2013

F&N Sparkling Drinks Present MTV Sessions with The Temper Trap


Presented by F&N Sparkling Drinks is a music series titled MTV Sessions and it is back for its Sixth episode. 


Here's a list of artistes who have performed for the MTV Sessions. I'm glad to be invited to catch the first MTV Sessions in 2013 featuring an Australian Indie rock band, The Temper Trap. 


The Temper Trap is formed in 2005 and they released their debut album "Conditions" along with the lead single "Sweet Disposition" in 2009. The band's core members are Dougy Mandagi as lead singer, Jonathon Aherne on bass guitar, Lorenzo Sillitto on lead guitar, Toby Dundas on the drums and Joseph Greer on keyboards and guitar.  

Honestly, I've not heard of their songs prior to this event but when I told Stef about this band, she seems to have heard of their songs on radio before. Thus, I invited her to come along with me for this live and up-close performance. 


The MTV Sessions was filmed live in an intimate studio environment at Resort World Sentosa's Waterfront Studio. It was really an exclusive session with a crowd of only about 300 that night. 


For that one hour session, the band thrilled us with six of their songs which includes the most popular song "Sweet Disposition" to which the crowd sing together to. We were also the privileged few to listen to them live performing "Everybody Leaves In The End" acoustically for the first time. This song is a duet between Mandagi and Joseph Greer. There was also a Q&A sessions whereby they answered questions from Twitter and from the floor. They ended the night with a re-done of "Trembling Hands," which entered the Top 30 shortlist for 2013 APRA Song of the Year last month.


Normal Version


Acoustic Version

Trembling Hands is one song that keeps repeating in my mind. I'm quite fond of the song so the moment I went back home, I did a search of it on YouTube. When they performed this song, I was listening to it with my eyes closed. Swinging my body with the melody and following the lyrics of the song. Maybe it's the lyrics that I can so relate to that makes me like this song so much. It goes,

...............................
So throw me a line
Somebody out there help me
I'm on my own
I'm on my own
Throw me a line
Afraid that I have come here
To win you again
With trembling hands
Trembling hands

There goes the ending
It left me in the war
But I tried everything yeah
I'm done with my part
..........................................


With bubbly Stef. Thank u for accompanying me. Oh yeah, MTV Sessions premiers on MTV S.E.A, Starhub channel on 1st June, 11.30am (WIB), 12.30pm (SIN/HK/PH) and 1.30pm (MAL). Don't forget to catch it on TV! ^^


For more informations about the show and exclusive photos and videos of The Temper Trap MTV session, please visit


Thanks for reading! 

No comments: