Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Unlucky day!



Today was an unlucky day. In the morning, boss want to find some stationeries and I couldn't find it. After he found it, I also found it but he found it earlier then me so he was like saying how come this also don't have. Then around mid-morning, the power got tripped and all our computers got blacked out! The electrician make a big mess at CL's place while trying to find out the source that caused the power trip. In the end, you know what caused the trip? It's the newly bought airpot!!! It's like less then a year only. Ahhh. While the rest of the computers are back to normal after the power trip, mine went bonkers! See the picture above. If you asked why don't I try to start in safe mode? I tell you frankly, I've tried all the options shown on the screen already but once the windows starts loading, it will bring me back to this stupid screen again. I was so so so scare but still feels lucky that I just did a "selective" back-up last saturday. My selective was really just doing back up on certain folders, now to think about it, I wished I had back-up the whole C drive. The sudden loss of using my own computer is a handicap to me. My desktop has got all the important memos, calender, msn etc etc and I took a while to calm down and tried to seek help from whoever I can think of. First I called bf but he also cannot give me a very clear solutions, then asked Samena she and I also explore around and can only get to the configurations that part. Next I went down to helpdesk, shown them the photo taken and they say computer must asked our own external vendor, they are not in charge. Okay. Fine. Came up, called our IT guy Amos. So "HENG" he was on holiday thursday then come back but when I told him what I am encountering, he said something like this kind of situation must wait for him to come back to check already. Sigh. No choice, I have to use the spare computer beside Samena. Boss don't like me to sit so far and asked that the computer be changed to my seat. Hmmm. I wished I am an IT expert. Then, I wouldn't be so helpless when the computer crash like this scenario.

PS: Mid-Autumn Festival is coming, after work, bought some cheapskate but cute mooncakes to enjoy. Glad that it's off work time, can't imgine what will happen tomorrow.

4 comments:

Ah Leen said...

Cheer up neighbour!! =)

Things will only get better. ;)

ChewyJas said...

thanks neighbour, my com repair already. lucky still repairable.. so everything back to normal liao

Unknown said...

i've enjoyed reading your blog it is making me thinking about life, and breath so along with head arise. thanks for slow music.

Elite Electricians said...

led light installation singapore