Saturday, April 14, 2012

OpenRice Tasty Union - ORTU at Plaza Brasserie

A big thanks to OpenRice for inviting me to their first OpenRice Tasty Union (ORTU #20) of 2012! On top of that, I'm allowed to bring with me another OpenRicer so I asked bf to sign up immediately. Now the both of us can write food reviews and share the joy of this foodie adventure.  


The best part of this event is that the ten of us got to feast on scrumptious dishes for free. This time round, the foodie gathering session was held at Plaza Brasserie, Park Royal Hotel on Beach Road's award-winning buffet restaurant. Every time I eat at a buffet restaurant, I would get this wonderful feelings of satisfaction. Love the no restriction, unlimited servings, all you can eat, eat whatever you want feeling. Hehe.  


When we reached there, we were settled down into a more private dining area together with the rest of the OpenRicers. This way, we would able to chat among ourselves accompanied by the soft music yet without the noise from the outside. We started with a mini ice-breaking session so that we got to know the rest of the OpenRicers. It's like a bingo card and we have to ask around to get answers to questions like "Friend of Chewyjas", "Recently went to Over Easy at Marina Bay" and etc.

  
Once we were settled down comfortably, the MarCom Manager, Karan Chang brought us around the whole buffet area and introduced to us some of the the highlights of the dishes and also her favourite dishes. From appetizer to salad, deli, Japanese, Asian, Indian, dim sum, main, desserts and a cheese corner, what more could one ask for?   


After the touring, we started with our buffet feast! With such a wide spread of food available to choose from, it's really hard for me to decide which to grab first and how I wish my stomach can take in all the food!  




I started with some of the Main dishes that Karen has recommend. They include dishes from the Heritage Buffet Feast and really belongs to the traditional favorites category.  Dishes like Braised Sea Cucumber with Roast Pork & Mushroom and Braised Pork Balls with Mui Chye really brings back the Ah Gong's home-cooked meal feeling. 


Another not to be missed dish is their Chicken Shawarma. Crunchy veggies and tender meat wrapped up together.   
So let the feast begin!!


Was super bloated already but wait there's still the desserts!!!


I don't think I need to elaborate more on the desserts and fruits. The photos is tempting enough. 

To end the buffet feast, we were surprised to be served a slice of their new addition to the desserts menu - Carrot cake. Not the Chinese style one but the Western style one and iced mocha. Read my review here. Read the official write-up here.


Sweets to be brought back for memories. Once again, thanks OpenRice and Plaza brasserie for a wonderful and bloated Saturday afternoon. I'm definitely planning some of my future celebrations here. 


And one of the reason is this two complimentary vouchers! Yay! Another round of free flow food and drinks! Cheers to the generosity of them. 


PS: A peak at the menu of the list of food we had that day. 

3 comments:

Nava K said...

Thats a fantastic array of food and I am drooling some seen for the are my fav.

FoodieFC said...

I have been there for in Dec last year. Variety is impressive. but food quality wise I was disappointed

ChewyJas said...

-> Navaneetham Krishnan : Yup , the wide spread of food is really amazing !

-> FoodieFC : Thanks for ur comment , I love reading ur food blog and seems like u have high standard for good food :)