Sunday, August 08, 2010

Jes and Jason Solemnization at Goodwood Park Hotel

8 is an auspicious number to the Chinese. My colleague Jes has the great fortune to hold her solemnization at Goodwood Park Hotel on such a nice date - 08/08/2010. Not only the date is easy to remember, today is also a Sunday. Also, tomorrow is National Day and it will be a public holiday, so even if her solemnization is held in the evening, the number of attendants must be high as there's no way people can missed it unless for personal reason. This is my second invitation to be a witness at a solemnization for friends only. My first time attending was held at a rooftop cafe. Makes me think about how I should held mine next time. I wanted mine to be held at a special place too.


It was only when I reached there that I knew that their solemnization is held at the poolside. Quite nice as the weather is good.


So we witness their solemnization. The exchanges of vows, the exchanges of ring and finally the groom and bride exchange a loving kiss. :*


We settled down for our buffet food. The satay is super delicious. I also love their bread pudding. However, there's no durian dessert although it's at Goodwood Park Hotel which is famous for their durian cakes. Perhaps cause Jes do not like durians. While eating, there's also performances by a live band which makes the atmosphere special.


Our group photos.


As the nights gets darker, the groom was requested to sing to the bride solo and without any music. He sang her three songs in total. This photo was taken when he sang "I Swear".  


We continued to stay on until quite late and one of the groom's friends actually wanted to know my colleague. He was quite daring to voice that out and my colleague takes this action to her stride and she also handle the situation well. I guess it's not the first time guys openly tried to woo her since she's so pretty.

No comments: