Thursday, August 13, 2020

[Food Review] Overly Cheezy Offers Premium Pizza at Heartland Prices

Overly Cheezy is a new Pizza joint located at the heartlands of Hougang that is both innovative and creative in terms of their packaging and pizza. They are also the first in Singapore to use five different cheeses on all their pizza. The five different cheeses consist of Gruyere Cheese, which is mostly used in high end restaurants, Mozzarella, Emmental, Cheddar Orange and Parmesan. Collaborating with top chefs from Japan, Italy, France and Singapore, their recipe includes a fusion of Japanese, Italian, and French with a local twist!  


I had my lunch from Overly Cheezy delivered to my house as I'm working from home today. Unlike most pizza deliveries that usually comes in dull and brown boxes, I was instantly cheered up by the bright and yellow packaging that were used. The sides and desserts were even packed in the shape of a triangular cheese blocks. Slices of leftover pizza could easily fit into these cheese boxes too. Super creative and the bright colour really makes me look forward to a good meal. It's full marks for packaging wise.




According to them, their most popular and bestselling flavours are Trufflicious Hawaiian and Trufflicious Wild Mushrooms. To go along with the unique flavours for their pizza, they also invented unique pizza crust - the Creamy Tomato and the Milky Avocado Crust are two such crusts infused with either milk and tomato or milk and avocado which makes the pizza base creamy and milky. Or try their Pâte Feuilletée Crust which is a flaky light puff pastry type of crust made by alternating the layers of dough with creamy rich butter.


Check out what I ordered. For Pizza, I didn't ordered their bestselling flavours (save it for my next order) as I was sharing this meal with my mom and my girl who are big fans of cheese. I got another of their chef's favourite, the Cheezy Cannonballs with Milky Avocado Crust mainly for them and Hokkaido Teri-Chiki with Pate Feuillette Crust for the rest. For sides, I chose the Criss Cut Fries and Overly Wings and for desserts, I got the Belgium Chocolate and Hokkaido Matcha Lava Cakes


The Cheezy Cannonballs with Milky Avocado Crust as the name suggested is perfect for cheese lovers. Every slice of the thin-crust pizza comes with a cream cheese balls that looks like the cannonballs and parsley flakes. I didn't really taste so much on the milk and Avocado, which perhaps has been covered up by the strong taste of cheese.


What makes me go WOW is their Hokkaido Teri-Chiki with Pate Feuillette Crust, simply love their homemade sweet teriyaki sauce with mayonnaise drizzled all over. Chunks of Marinated chicken thigh meat and Leek with parsley flakes can be found. Biting into this crust is like eating a crispy pie or the skin of those crispy curry puffs. I nearly wouldn't want to share this with the rest, oops, just saying! This is definitely something I would order again next time. 


The Criss Cut Fries and Overly Wings as the sides of the meal. The fries are a bit overcooked and is a bit hard to bite instead of crispy. The Overly Wings is nice and juicy but just a little bit spicy according to my girl who is very sensitive to spicy food. As they only had one outlet currently, the food may arrived not as hot, which in our case we decided to microwave them first. 


I love their Belgium Chocolate and Hokkaido Matcha Lava Cakes which is moist, not too sweet and had a generous filling that flowed out when I sink my spoon into. Love them both! 

 
I would order from them again and for those who are curious, their pizza cost $22 for 2 regular pizzas and $33 for 2 large pizzas


OVERYLY CHEEZY

Address: 
Blk 311 Hougang Ave 5
#01-189 
Singapore 530311
(No Dine-In Option)
(Only Self-Collection / Delivery Option)

Orders & General Enquiries: 
+65 6245 4922

Opening Hours: 
11:00 am to 11:00 pm

Connect with them on: 




XOXO
    

No comments: