Saturday, June 04, 2016

[PERSONAL] Pre-Wedding Preparations and Pampering

"THE WOMAN came out of a man's rib, NOT from his feet to be walked on, and NOT from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under his arm to be protected, and next to the HEART to be loved."

Posted this photo with this meaningful quote as caption some times back in April. That was also the time I started to panic after I realized so many preparations was not done. I'm just glad that I have many friends giving me advises from the ROM procedures to the preparations, etc. Just to share in this post some of the people and services I liaised with for my wedding. 


Rental of Gown - BQueens

Recommended by Cindy. I rented this peach gown, comes with can can, head veil, necklace and earrings for S$400 from BQueens. They also have suits for guys to rent for S$50. I visited their showroom at Ubi Road somewhere in April and at that time, I only wanted to try the short gowns but all didn't seems to look nice on me. Then, I spotted someone wearing this and thought it looks simple and nice, so I tried it on and love it on my first try. Many asked me how come I don't have a white gown, but who cares, it's my wedding, not theirs. Liaised with Valent, the lady boss who is a super nice and friendly lady. Thank you.



Bridal Car Deco + Hand Bouquet + Corsages + Headpiece  - @myhanginggarden87

I found her from Carousell. I've actually shortlisted a few other sellers but I felt that this seller is the most sincere and replied the promptest to whatever queries I have. We have a nice chat and she makes me feel very comfortable to buy from her even though we have to pick up everything all the way in the east side of Singapore in Tampines. Total cost S$189.90 and she also used her hubby's car as example on how to do the bridal car deco. Thank you. The flowers used are not fresh flowers but fake flowers and they are now sitting in my closet. Should I sell them? Anybody would want to buy second hand bouquet or bridal car deco? 



Manicure  - CL'athena Nails Salotto

I visited them before so I trust that they can do a good job for me. So I did my Gelish manicure there. Again, I go for a simple design without bling bling add-on and if you realized, the colour matches my gown and nail colour so that it won't be so obvious even if my nails have grown longer. Thank you. Paid S$55 for this.

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/CLathena-Nails-Salotto-224556167589249/home


IPL - STRIP SINGAPORE

I signed a package from them for my IPL underarm and the result is amazing. I actually didn't need to go back for a few months already. So when I called them up, they say my package has already expired but they will renew it for me. So thankful for this. I went to the outlet at The Cathay and they provides very nice hot chocolate with marshmallow. Just that the outlet here can hear the loud arcade music playing in the background. Can't remember how much I paid for this already but luckily it was bought when I felt I was richer previously. Now, I have to be more mindful of how much I spent. They also have some referral program so if anybody wish to get the benefit of the referral program, please quote me, so we both get some benefits together. Hehe.

Their website : http://www.strip.com.sg/sg_en/m/promotions/


PS: Everything in this post is paid for and nothing is sponsored. Got into a bike accident today, the day before the actual wedding. The bike banged into a white Volvo at the AYE exit of Clementi Ave 6. Thankfully, I'm wearing my jeans jacket so I only got blue black on my arm which is not obvious but my knee suffered a bad scald from the engine pipe. Thanks to the driver who drove us back home despite the accident. Many says it's because couple cannot meet each other the day before the wedding, so this is like bad luck but actually is cause we both are too exhausted. We meet to do up the Ikea DIY cupboard since will be taking photos at the new house and also to discuss about the table listing as well as our speech and the schedule. All very last minute again. 


XOXO

1 comment:

Tropika Club said...

This article has been reviewed by Tropika Club Magazine at https://magazine.tropika.club