Friday, February 26, 2010

CNY Day 13 - NATAS Travel Fair at Expo



The NATAS Travel fair is here yet again. I have never paid much attention to the NATAS travel fair for the past few years but this year I went right on the first day of its opening right after work with SY. Our destination was to Japan - Hokkaido~ Not cheap but think about how all my friends have went to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand every year and I have not go for a long trip ever since my poly days? That is like four years? So take a trip to Taiwan to be $500, four years of $500 would amount to $2000 and that would be enough for a Japan trip already! The furthest destinations I went to was all with my school's community invovlment programme. First was a trip to Thailand during my Secondary days and China during my Poly days. The rest of the trips I went to were all to Malaysia and Malaysia and Malaysia. Not much excitement huh? Thus I've got this urge to go somewhere far and since SY poped up the question to find a friend to go Japan with her, I agreed almost immediately.



The package for Hokkaido is much more expansive then to Toyko. Without a budget of $2,200 and above, don't even think of going. What's so nice about Hokkaido is definitely their snow season and flower season. The flower seasons start from April all the way to October.

April to May - Lily and violets
May to Early June - Cherry Blossoms
May to June - Moss phlox
May to August - Tulips
May to July - Lavender
June to July - Sunflowers

These are the few most populars flowers that people go there to see. Of course there are also other flowers blooming like roses and Lilacs.



Most of the tour packages we asked include places like Sapporo and Lake Toya. Only one tour package from Jun Air is more unquie then the rest. Not only is the price cheaper, they even wanted to give us another free 4 days to China. On top of that, if we sign on the spot, the travel consultant even guarantee us vouchers to China again and we just have to pay for the price for the Japan trip. Just as I wondered why they are so generous, she informed us that we will be taking the China Airline - MU. Not JAL not ANA. We will be taking the MU flight to China for transit to Japan if we decided on that package. No wonder so cheap. Forget to ask whether the tour guide is from China also but that's okay since we are not eyeing that package so much. The consultant that we spoke to is overly friendly. She just tag along with my friend and I and chatted non-stop for the whole trip from Expo to Clementi where I alight. I was too tired to concentrate on what she's saying but I know that she's letting us in on her own personal life. LOL. She really trust us too much and even let Sy read a letter that was in English and asked her to help her see whether it's anything important or not. Rather scary.

No comments: