Thursday, June 18, 2009

Turning junks into gifts

Lately my right brain seems to be working more effectively to be on par with my left brain. It's a good sign cause with my right brain working, I tend to come up with more creative things. My latest creation is a bear with a farewell message to be given to my colleague tomorrow. Before her, I was actually planning to give the bear to bf, but have got no inspiration as to what to decorate the bear with.




So this is the shirt that the bear was initially wearing. I was thinking of removing the logo or used a marker to cover up the wordings but it doesn't work out.



Then, an idea suddenly struck me. I have a box of the masks from company. Maybe I can tie it around the bear and turned it into a dress. Hehe.



It works!!! Hehe. Found the stripe too long so adjust a bit and cut the remaining to be the stripe of a spaghetti-stripe dress! Haha and I've just transform a male bear to a female bear! *winks



Wrote my message on the dress, touch up a bit. Using paper clips for the "bracelet" and ribbon for the hairbow. It definitely looks less plain now.



The final product. Packed into a plastic bag and with a packet of tic tac for her as she always take minty sweet after her puff. This gift may looks cheap but it's requires time and effort to come up with. Not only do i feel happy making the gift, I think the receiver will also feel my 心意.

.......................................................................................................

The following will be my second project. Turning old calenders to birthday cards. Front part all done, now left behind to decorate. So far 2 of my friends have already received. This is the 3rd I'll be making. :) So next time before you throw something away, why not think of how further you can make use of it and save the enviroment.


No comments: