Tuesday, May 02, 2023

[TRAVEL] Hong Kong Trip Day 4 - Hong Kong Museum of Art

 It's the last day of our Hong Kong trip. Today we kinda split up so Kel and Jess can have their own couple time. 

We had McDonald for breakfast casue the other day I didn't get to try the really good chicken thighs, but unfortunately, they don't serve it during breakfast hours, so I just ordered the burgers and hotcakes with milo powder and condensed milk as toppings. So yummy! 



After breakfast, the four of us took a stroll to the Hong Kong Museum of Art since we didn't have much time left before heading to the airport. Honestly, I'm not one who knows how to appreciate those art works, and neither does my girl but there were some interesting and interactive exhibits that made it less boring. There were different levels and sections showcasing different types of artworks. One section had paintings, the other on Chinese characters which is my favourite section. It's pretty interesting to see how Chinese characters has evolved over the years. We even get to use a brush to write on some stone table top. They had this very smart idea of using water instead of real black ink, so when the water dried up, we could write on it again. We also managed to take some cool photos here. 


Around noon, we rushed back to meet up with Kel and Jess as we made our way to the airport. At the airport, we split up again as they wanted to have lunch at a cha chan teng but my girl wanted to eat at McDonald again. So it was McDonald for our last meal on the last day of the trip. This time, I finally got to try the chicken thighs. Oh wow, and they even have bubble tea in McDonald. It was amazing and so delicious, something that can't be found in Singapore. 


Our flight back to Singapore was at around 4pm. They served us a simple dinner onboard but it wasn't anything fantastic. We reached Singapore at night time and the first thing I noticed was the hot weather that was reported by the Straits Times that appeared on my hp notification. We took a Grab back home and the next day it was back to the daily grind. 

Overall, I think a 4 days 3 nights trip to Hong Kong is just enough for me. For this trip, we've covered most of the main tourist attractions and were lucky to have really nice weather, it was actually cooler than in Singapore and we didn't experience any rain. I'm also super grateful to be able to travel with my friends, thanks to kel and Jess for doing all the pre-trip planning and guiding us around Hong Kong. A big thanks to all of them, especially Sean, who entertained my girl and carried her when she asked to be carried. He did it so effortlessly. At this point, I don't think I'm ready for solo travel yet, and my hubby isn't very interested in travelling to certain countries, so having friends as travel companions is really important. Although we missed a few attractions on this trip, like the Legoland Discovery Centre, the Space Museum, the Monopoly Dream, the Jumbo Floating Restaurant, the Hong Kong Ding Ding Tram,  the Lantau Island for the Big Buddha, I think we can save these again on our next Hong Kong trip! 


XOXO


No comments: