Sunday, April 30, 2023

[TRAVEL] Hong Kong Trip Day 2 - Hong Kong Disneyland

So excited to share about my visit to Hong Kong Disneyland, a place I've always wanted to go to since I was a little kid. Actually, I had a picture of the Disneyland castle as the wallpaper on my phone since young till now. Finally, my dream came true and here's how my first-ever Disneyland visit went. 


Before heading to Disneyland, we had breakfast at Cafe De Coral which was close to our hotel. There was a little hiccup though, as my girl wasn't feeling great, probably because she was exhasusted and not used to the new environment. She was like a zombie, barely responsive and didn't even wake up to eat the breakfast when it was ready. She even accidentally wet and soiled her clothes. At that moment, I thought I had to rush back to the hotel and go to Disneyland on my own later. Thankfully, I still had enough time to wash and dry her clothes using the hand dryer there, so we continued as planned. We got her breakfast to go since she didn't eat anything at the cafe.


To get to Hong Kong Disneyland, we took the MTR to Sunny Bay station before transferring to the Disneyland Resort Line, getting off at Disneyland Resort Station. The train itself was all Disney themed, which was very cool. 


Upon reaching, a miracle happened, my girl suddenly feel better. She later told me she used all her power in her body to make herself recover. Perhaps it was the happy atmosphere, but I am super glad that she's lively and active again. Huge thanks to Kelvin and Jessie for getting our tickets ready on Klook, so we didn't have to queue to buy the tickets but we did have to queue to get in. We were the first ones to enter the park and spent the whole day there. 


The first thing we did when we entered the park was to shop for some Disney accessories, which is where I ended up spending most of my money. I bought two big Mickey Clapping Hands that will light up when you wore it and do a high five, a Mickey hairband for myself and a Mickey with Snow White hairband for my girl. Spent about S$100+ just for these accessories and spent some more later on the snacks and souveniors. I didn't plan to spend much except on food for this trip, so the bulk of the money goes here. 


We made our way to the first attraction, which was the Marvel Themed Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle. Here, we walk through the Stark Industries pavilion and board on S.H.I.E.L.D's combat vehicle. Armed with blaster, we had to shoot the targets and rack up points. 


We totally snagged some awesome photos with Cinderella~ Right before the photo session, Cinderella had a little chat with my girl and complimented her on her gloves! Fortunately or unfortunately, Cinderella was the only Disney princess we managed to snap a photo with.


About noon, we grabbed some snacks, popcorns with the cute Lina Bell popcorn carrier, ice-cream and hot dog buns. We didn't bother settling down with the real mains for lunch, instead we focused on conquering as many rides as possible.


All the rides had crazy long wait time. The Jungle River Cruise is a classic boat ride and it's one of my girl's absolute favourite. She wanted to go for a second round. 


We also caught Moana: A Homecoming Celebration stage performance, there was singing and dancing on stage. Since there wasn't enough seats, we had to stand and watch the show. After that, we hopped on the cart ride in Mystic Manor, it's like a trip to a living museum where the artefacts and paintings comes alive. After this ride, my girl kept asking me which part scared me the most, but honestly none of it did. She got pretty upset because something scared her. It was the painting of Medusa where the pretty lady turned into Medusa with evil red eyes and snakes as her hairs. Even now as I write this blog post, she still remembers the story and adventure of the old man and the Monkey. 


Next, we headed to the Theatre of the Wild to catch the Festival of the Lion King performance. I absolutely love this performance because they sang so many of my favourite songs. I was so engrossed in this that I didn't take many photos, but I did managed to capture some videos of the show. This is one performance that you can't miss at Hong Kong Disneyland.


The last ride we went on together was It's a Small World. This ride is definitely worth queueing for. The six of us hopped on a boat and embarked on a whimsical journey through fairy tales for about 9 minutes. We heard the joyful singing of the song "It's a small world" in different languages and trust me, the song and tune will just gets stuck in your head. There was only one thing that my girl was unhappy about and that is she didn't see Snow White throughout this ride. 


After the rides, we went our separate ways becuase the group wanted to try a more thrilling ride that wasn't suitable for my girl, so my girl and I went on the ant man ride for the second time. I had a much better score the second round.


Finally, it was night time and I secured a great spot to watch the night show with my girl. "Momentous" Nighttime Spectacular is a 20 minutes music, lights and fireworks show. It was so crowded that I only reunite back with the group again after the show. The college shows just how much photos I took altogether during the show. It was quite a difficult task, as some part I have to carry my girl up for a better view in one hand and holding my phone in the other hand. The beautiful 3D projections, classic Disney songs and the fireworks effect were all too stunning, I can't believe I'm there. I guess it's a once in a lifetime experience and you have to be there and then to feel it yourself. No photos or videos can do the justification to the amazing feeling.

We also did some more shopping for some souvenirs before leaving the Happiest Place on Earth. 


We had noodles for late dinner and went over to McDonald for late supper before calling it a day. Head over to my tik tok/IG for more videos! 


XOXO


No comments: