Sunday, February 12, 2023

[Personal] A day in Punggol - Waterway Point + Punggol Regional Library


Went to the Vimalakirti Buddhist Centre to do some prayers for my Ah Gong as it was the first seven days since his passing. For the Buddhist, the mourning period is 49 days and every seven days we have to chant prayers to help them pass into the next life. Hope he's in a better place now, free from the suffering of the illness. After the prayer, my small uncle drove my girl and I to Eunos MRT station and from there, we made our way to Punggol. 


The reason why I brought my girl with me to Punggol was because I've just joined the Move with Jim the Fit Potato Challenge on 42Race app. We were given the challenge to explore these 7 Nature and City Trails and Punggol Waterway Park is one of them. 


We had brunch at Han's (picked by my girl) at Waterway Point and there's one friendly young chap who kept checking out on the diners there to make sure the food is alright.


After brunch, I had wanted to start our walk in the park but we saw that the sky was really dark and my girl told me she wants to ride this choo choo train. Since we don't come here often, I let her ride on the train. The train went a few rounds this level and she enjoyed it. 
 

As it started drizzling, we went back to the mall.


Geneco has a Red Packet recycling pop-up as part of their #GreenForProsperity campaign and I dropped off all the red packets collected this year. I used to keep some for collection but now even the cute ones I will just recycle them. At least I took photos of the nicer ones for memories. We received an exclusive Green Starter Kit and a nice photo print out of my girl and I. Coincidentally, we both wore matching blue. As the rain gets heavier, we continued window shopping inside Waterway Point. 


It was around evening time when I realised there's no sign of the rain stopping that I decided to bring my girl to the newly opened Punggol Regional Library instead. Not much photos taken in the library but I took quite a few videos so check out the video on my Tik Tok. The first level is more for early literacy and there's even a corner with toys sorted according to categories like sensory pay, creative play and dramatic play placed neatly on the shelves. There's plenty of colourful round tables that parents can sit and accompany their kids to play together. There's even a costume corner for the kids to dress up and play pretend! Next, we walked up the ramp to level 2 which is the Children's Zone. The main highlights at level 2 is the Spark!Lab, a DIY tinkering space for children (aged 7 to 12 years old) to participate in. There's also the Artease cafe where we had our yummy dinner. This library is like an indoor play area for my girl and it's only until the very last minute just before we were about to leave that she went to pick up some books to borrow back to read. This is really a fun and inclusive library as there are equipped with facilities for the disabled as well.


Ended the day with a very tired girl. We didn't managed to visit the Punggol Waterway Park and I'm not sure if I will be back to Punggol anytime soon. I guess I will just move on to the rest of the parks. 


XOXO

No comments: