Saturday, December 12, 2020

[STAYCATION] 2 Days 1 Night at M Social Singapore


Winner of #BeAllYouCanBe IG Story Contest by @frankbyocbc 

I was really lucky to be picked as 1 of the 10 winners for an instagram IG story contest organized by @frankbyocbc. The prize was an One Night Stay in the Alcove Cozy Room at M Social Singapore with a buffet breakfast for 1 person at Beast and Butterflies. Collected the voucher at their Orchard Gateway FRANK store only to find out that the voucher is expiring by the end of this year. Thus, I quickly make reservation via email. 


Managed to quickly confirm a reservation exactly one week after my first staycation at Andaz Singapore. It does feels good to be going to a different place to stay every week. I'm also quite lucky that this Friday falls on a work from home day making it easier to take leave. Upon a check online, we realised the room is not that big and since the breakfast is only for 1 pax, my hubby told me to go with my girl while he choose to stay at home. 


Discussed with my mom and she agreed to come along with my girl and I for the staycation. Also, asked my friend Lyn to join us to explore the place together. Not to be confused with Studio M Hotel which is just nearby, both M Social Singapore and Studio M Hotel which are under the Millennium Group takes on the concept of having Loft-Style Rooms but M Social Singapore takes it one step further to become a Designer Hotel with Philippe Starck, a famous French desinger being the man behind the design here.  


First Day - 11th December 2021

A very colourful and distinctive wall mural greeted us at the driveway when we get off our Grab ride. Registration starts outside the main entrance instead of in the lobby due to safe distancing measures. The outside was nicely decorated to welcome the Christmas festive season. 


After clearing the registration outside, we proceed to the lobby for our check-in keys. With a total of 10 storeys, we were allocated with a room on the 2nd floor. 


The Alcove Cozy Room does not comes with a second floor loft so all the amenities are packed in this one room. Interesting to find the basin with some toiletries neatly placed located just beside the metal rack. 


After putting down our things and scanning to see what is in the room, we on the television and saw the personalized message. Didn't watch any show as we decided to head up to the swimming pool at the 5th floor.


Usage of the swimming pool here is on a first come first serve basis, and do not need to pre-register. My girl played a little while in the water and tried to kick her legs but ended up chocking on the pool water and vomited a bit by the poolside. Good thing the shower room is just a door away and the staff cleared the mess up. 


Hubby came over to pick us all up for dinner at our favourite Teochew porridge stall in Henderson. Nothing beats having this comfort food. After that, he sent us back to the hotel again. Night time came, but I had a hard time falling asleep as it was quite cramp sharing the same bed with my mom and my girl. My girl even disallow me to off all the lights. I only managed to sleep a few short hours before waking up early to breakfast time. 


Second Day - 12th December 2021

We had our breakfast at the Beast & Butterflies which starts from 6.30am till 10am. Menu was very simple and divided into just 3 different section - Continental, American or Local. We wasn't very hungry so these were all that we've ordered. 


Overall, it was really a cozy room. I love the breakfast setting as well as the fact that swimming pool is on a first come first serve basis with no limit of usage time. The pool area is big and have a few beanbags for us to sit around by the pool to enjoy our own food. I brought some acai bowls and butter and got a few nice photo shoots here for product reviews. What I do not like is the bath area. The shower tap is very hard to turn when one's hand is soapy. Had to use a towel to turn it. The door to the bathroom is very hard to push open too. Initially, we thought the door was spoilt and even called the concierge to get someone to fix it, ended up it just needs more strength to open it. Rena played with the safe and was unable to unlock it as she couldn't remember the 4 numbers she pressed.  Location of the hotel is not accessible by public transport. Not child friendly too, I would say this hotel is more suitable for couples or young adults which is evident from what I saw during the check in queue. Nevertheless, I'm grateful for this staycation which mom rested well. She say finally she can sleep without thinking of doing housework. Thank you @frankbyocbc once again for organizing this contest. 



XOXO


No comments: