Saturday, December 05, 2020

[FOOD REVIEW] THE Nasi Lemak at Blk 269 Queen Street

The famous Aliff Nasi Lemak at Serangoon Garden Market has opened their second outlet known as THE Nasi Lemak at the coffee shop of Blk 269 Queen Street. Went over to meet my friends for lunch after checking out from my staycation at Andaz Singapore. Was told that there were many nice food here at this coffee shop and this Nasi Lemak is one of them. Now I know where to eat if I'm in this area.

Using the original recipe passed down by Chef Firuz, the highlight about their Nasi Lemak is that they uses basmati rice which is noticeably longer and thinner grain compared to the fragrant white rice we normally eat. My plate of Signature Set (S$6) is served with fried chicken wing, otah, kuning fish, egg, achar, ikan bilis and peanuts. I love that the rice is light and every grain is well separated with a nice hint of coconut fragrance. 

Thanks @ck.chai for this portrait photo


Beside the rice, the next important ingredients for a nasi lemak dish has got to be their sambal chili. The sambal chili at THE Nasi Lemak is more towards the sweeter side which leaves me craving for more. It's perfect for me as I felt that if the chili is over spicy, I won't be able to taste the rest of the food. I also love how their chicken wing is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside as well as the crunchy and seasoned achar which is tangy and sweet. 

As the stall opens very early at 7.30am, they also sell curry puff too! Green dot for potato and egg and red dot for sardine. I tried the sardine one and I love it! Tried dipping the curry puff into their sambal chili. Yummy! Great lunch catch up with @ck.chai, @chorkfern, @_angela264 and thanks @elgenahearts for the invites.

THE Nasi Lemak

📍269 Queen Street 
Stall 10 
Singapore 180269 
🕱 Open from 7.30 am till 2.30pm or till sold out 
(which can be much earlier)

✅ Hop over to their IG PAGE @thenasilemak.sg for more information
   

XOXO

No comments: