Friday, July 17, 2020

[Monster Spicy Challenge] Monster Curry Spicy Level 100 Rice

Spicy lovers alert! If you have not heard, Monster Curry is having a Monster Spicy Challenge until 31st July 2020 to put your taste buds to the test. For this challenge, the spicy level ranges from level 10, 20, 50 and the ULTIMATE LEVEL 100

https://www.monstercurry.com.sg/promotions/monsterspicychallenge/

After seeing so many of my friends posted their photos of this challenge on Instagram, I felt like trying it out myself too. Anyway, my girl always says my favourite food is chili and whenever she saw chili, she knows it's for her mummy. The next decision is which spicy level? It's a decision between level 10 and level 100 and I decided to just go for level 100, because what's the point of trying level 20 or 50 if it's already gonna be so spicy? Might as well just pick the highest level with no regret and to satisfy my little curiosity of how spicy level 100 can be.  


Since I'm in between working from home and going back to office, I make use of my lunch time while working from home and went down to the nearest outlet at JEM with hubby who's working nearby. We made our orders respectively, mine is the Teriyakki Chicken Curry rice with Spicy Level 100 while hubby got the Mega Lunch Special Meal consisting of Chicken Katsu Curry (his is only spicy level 1), soup of the day, homemade ice-lemon tea and Ben & Jerry's ice cream of the day. All these only at $13.80 after the 50% off promotion.  


While waiting for our food to arrive, the staff passed me some props for photo taking. I got 4 lucky draw coupons for the Grand Draw and an indemnity form to sign. The number of entries in the Grand Draw is based on the spicy level that was ordered. 1 Entry for Spicy Level 10, 2 Entries for Spicy Level 20, 3 Entries for Spicy Level 50 and 4 Entries for Spicy Level 100.


Some happy photos with the props and the food before tucking in. Look at the big contrast between spicy level 1 and 100! Luckily, hubby ordered a glass of cold Japanese Yogurt drink which I needed almost immediately after the first bite. The combination of dabomb chili, chili oil, chili powder, squid ink and curry cause a numbness in my mouth and I started crying with tears in my eyes and a running nose that kind. It was that spicy. After a few more mouthful of the chili, I could feel my stomach churning so badly and that's when I decided to surrender and just ate the rice and meat. Fortunately, all the chili are just by the side so if you feel you can't take it anymore, just leave the chili there by the side and don't mix it in with your rice. 


For those who ordered the Spicy Level 100 curry rice, if you are able to finish this plate of curry rice in less than 10 minutes, your plate of curry rice will be FREE! Furthermore, if you complete this challenge in the shortest time by the end of this campaign, you will stand to win a 13-inch MacBook PRO! * Only Applicable for Pork/Chicken Katsu Curry.


Although I didn't managed to complete this challenge, I still got 4 chances in the Grand lucky draw and also I won a single scoop of Ben & Jerry for my next meal in the Sure-Win Instant Dip which is available for all customer who purchase any spicy level from level 10 to 100. Both my tummy and my curiosity is satisfied from the meal. 


Try the challenge before it ends on 31st July 2020 if you dare! 


XOXO 
 

No comments: