Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Tiramisu Hero - Jess advance b'day + Pre-CNY gathering

One fine day, my dear friend Jess who have been going around exploring cafes in Singapore started a group chat for a gathering one week before her birthday. It was also to be our Pre Chinese New Year meet-up. Two cafes were short-listed and The Tiramisu Hero Cafe won with the votes of the majority.  


The Tiramisu Hero is opened by popular blogger Peggy (commonly known by the online community as Sixpegs) and her other friend in 2013. I was the first to reach and I started taking photos by myself first. 


While you are at the cafe, don't forget to leave some loose change to the Sir Antonio Cat Food Fund (aka tip box). All the money in there goes out to buying pet foods for some of the stray cats who lived around the cafe. This is one of the cats who've found herself a comfy spot. 


Have to take a photo with this colourful windmill spotted outside. It just brighten my mood and let any worries spin away! 


Selfie time ^^ So pretty I changed this to my Facebook profile photo right away. 


The entrance of the cafe is a lawn with two benches by the side and it leads all the way to the two outside-seating tables which I'm sitting at. 


The interior of the cafe. Notice how the wall is full of The Tiramisu Hero's mascot, Sir Antonio. The whole cafe feels very cozy without too much complicated designs.


Tiny light bulbs are wrapped around the ladders that makes it looks like sparkles in the ceilings. Very unique design. I like. Even Google + like this photo so much that it automatically adds in the snow effect with their Auto Awesome feature. So nice! It's snowing in The Tiramisu Cafe! Heehee. 




Mounted on the wall is none other than the mascot, Sir Antonio's head! Lolol. What a great way to create many photos taking opportunities. This is actually a good thing to do while waiting for your food to come. With everyone's heads hidden inside, we all become Sir Antonio but still recognizable with the clothes we wore. 
  

HAM & CHEESE WRAP $9.80

This is what I had. I love it very much. Healthy alternatives with lots of veggies and the melted cheese. Yummy. 


CHEFCHEF CURRY BAKED RICE $12.50

Looks good, I didn't get to try it so I can't comment much. Think TZ mentioned that it's very unique and not like the rest of the curry rice he've ate before.


BANGERS WITH MASHED POTATOS $15

Assortment of gourmet sausages served with mashed USA potato. Jess ordered this and she shared it with us. One is spicy flavor, the other is cheesy. I think I was the first to clear my plate so I ate a lot of her sausages. Hahaha. Oops. 


Thanks a lot to Jess for treating us to their signature Tiramisu! MommaHero comes in so many different flavours to choose from - Original, Strawberry, Lemon, Lemon Lavender, Cinnamon, Chocolate, Milo, Horlicks, Ovaltine and Oreo. I had the Oreo flavour.   


Selfie time again! I have to update my profile photos for my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare and Whatsapp so I took a lot of selfies. Hahaha. 


Decent group photo! 



Yay, a photo with the co-founder, Peggy. I must really comment that we all had an enjoyable time at the cafe. I felt that even though the cafe is not big like restaurants, the ambiance and feeling is more at home. Moreover, we are able to take so many wonderful photos inside and outside the cafe for memories. Food is nice too and after eating still can go on to eat their desserts. Service is great too, water was refilled automatically and while clearing our plates, Peggy also personally came to ask us how we feel about the dishes. 


Thank you, The Tiramisu Hero for featuring us on instagram! 



We will be back again! ^^v 

No comments: