Friday, November 01, 2013

Mookata at Tom Yum Kungfu


The search for good food with my colleagues bring us to this place called Tom Yum Kungfu. We were reading on the reviews on hungrygowhere and she incidentally click in to Rachel's blogpost who is someone I know of. So I say, let's go and try it out since she also highly recommended it on her blog.

Mookata, a Thai style steamboat that is increasingly becoming more and more popular in the hotpot scene. I keep having people asking me where do go for Mookata, so I thought I'll just go dig up the old photos and do up this post. 

  
In Thai, Moo means pork and Kata is the skillet (the dome-shaped grill with a soup trough placed over charcoal embers). This differentiate the usual steamboats that we have (having the soup in the middle and grilling the meat by the side or just the whole pot of soup).  


We ordered the Mookata set meal which comes with the raw marinated meats, seafood, vegetable and a packet of Thai Mama Noodles, thai ice-tea and an add-on side dish of fish paste. The soup was already flavourful on its own but after adding in the seasoning from the mama noodle, it just adds on to the extra flavours. *Slurp* 

The whole place was really crowded, we were also in the queue for about 30 minutes before we went in but I tell you, for good food, it's worth the wait! 


The decorations at the cashier side. Makes you feel like you are in Bangkok already. Overall, a satisfying meal and it's value for money. 

Tom Yum Kungfu

16 Circular Road 
Singapore 049372

* Welcome reservation *
** Closed on the first Sunday of the month **


Incidentally, that night we went was also the first night of the pedestrianisation of Circular Road so there were reporters everywhere interviewing the public on their opinion of the road closure. I'm so video shy that I leave all the talking to Ms Lora and I just smile. Wahaha.   

No comments: