Tuesday, March 05, 2013

LG Optimus G Review

As technology advances, the function of a handphone have also evolved from simple calling and sending text messages to a device that can let us stay connected, provide entertainment as well as keeping us informed of the latest news on the go. It's more than just a phone that's why we call them the smartphones now. Really cannot live without a smartphone nowadays. 


During the recent visit to LG G's Cafe (Read post here), I was invited to bring home and try out for a week the newly launch quad-cord LTE smartphone, the LG Optimus G! So here I am sharing my one week experience of using this phone with you all. 


First thing first, even though I'm only having this phone with me for a week, I felt that I have to change the Theme of the phone to make me feel more comfortable using it. Selected the cutest theme of all which is called the Marshmallow theme that is preset inside the phone. 

Using the LG Optimus G as a camera

As I loves taking photos, the camera function is the first thing I tried out. 


Testing the Continuous Shot Function  that let user choose the best shot among multiple photos taken before the shutter button is pressed. 


This is a rather impressive function. That few microseconds of pictures before and after can make a big difference. Take for example if the person is blinking, you can choose just the photo in which the person hasn't blinked. I think it's good function to use on babies or pets. Sometime, that precious moment of expression can be gone when you started snapping but with this function, you can preview a total of six photos  and choose the best to be sure! 


My six photos taken using this function. Inside the bucket are live fishes. Actually can't tell the difference except the shape of the bubbles on top did changed a bit. 


The Cheese Shutter is another cool function that takes photos with voice activation command by saying "Cheese", "Smile", "Whisky", "Kimchi" or "LG"! LOLOL. 


Tried and it really works! 


While the LG rear camera boost a very high 13MP, the front camera only has 1.3MP. See the vast difference of my own self-take photo using the Optimus G front camera and my iPhone 5? The result is disappointing. Sorry to say that while the rear camera can take such high quality photos, the front camera is cannot make it. I even tried a few shots but all turned out badly as compared to my iPhone 5. 

 Using the LG Optimus G to read

I read a lot. Especially on blogs, emails, news and stuffs like that. So let's see how text looks like on both the LG Optimus G and my iPhone 5. 


The background is much whiter on the LG Optimus G and good thing about this is when a white background is displayed, the phone consumes 70 percent less power and is 1.6 times clearer compared to AMOLED display. There is no distortion and the display is clear under different lightning. 

 Using the LG Optimus G for videos

Watching videos is my biggest entertainment. Let's see what cool function LG Optimus G has to offer. 


Yes, it's a Live Zooming function. Now one can catch the smallest details in a video by pinching outwards to zoom in while the video is still playing! The image quality is not affected due to the advanced pixel rendering from the Quad-Core processor and display technology - True HD IPS Plus Display. 

Using the LG Optimus G to jot down notes


Launched the quick memo function and choose the pen style and colour.

Type whatever you want to remind yourself and press the QSlide icon to continue running other app for another task while still able to see this jotted note. 


Or when you are surfing the net and found some good info you would like to save. You can use the QuickMemo function and jot down your idea. 

After which, you can press the share icon to save as a Memo. 

Using the LG Optimus G to Multi-task


Yay, you can muli-task with the LG Optimus G and opens a maximum of three different windows. This is another function that iPhone 5 can't provide. So I can watch my favourite video and at the same time write my ideas and at the same time check my calendars with little or no lag felt. Hahaha. Life of a busy person! Lolol. 

Using the LG Optimus G on Eco Mode


Eco Mode helps to extend the battery efficiency. Can you believe that according to the LG's test, the talk time and standby time are actually 15 hours and 335 hours respectively? This is a more optimistic timing provided. I supposed the battery will still drains quite fast if I were to use it. 

Using the LG Optimus G stylishly 


The QuadBeat Earphones is an accessories that is included with the LG Optimus G. It's available in either white or black colour and the design is simple with flat wire like flat noodles. It's quite hard to roll up though. The QuadBeat Earphones are in-ear type with excellent sound quality validated by Golden Ears, a Korean audio testing company. Once I plug the earphones in, I can shut the whole world out! Hehe. 


The LG Optimus G features a jet-black unibody form created by the Zerogap Touch and jewel-like sophisticated materials with the use of Crystal Reflection Finish on the back. No need to change cover already right? It's simple and stylish by itself. 


Ok, there are still a lot of other amazing functions this phone can offer but it's not possible to share them all here, so for more information on the LG Optimus G, please visit their website at http://www.lg.com/sg. Being an iPhone user, it was a big challenge trying to adapt using this android phone at first. I can't even find the setting icon but as I used it more often, it's actually quite a pleasant overall user experience. Thank you! 

Photos of Little Psy at LG's G Cafe

Due to whatever reasons, if you've missed Hwang Min-Woo better known as Little Psy debut appearance at LG's G cafe the other day on 27 Feb 13 like me, here's some photos of him that day. 

Photos credited to LG.  


Little Psy with his new LG Optimus G


Little Psy performing his original song, Showtime, at the LG's G Cafe. 


Little Psy performing Big Bang's Fantastic Baby. 

Video of Little Psy performing at LG's G Cafe

He's so cute!! I wish I was there but never mind, share the video taken by Hp. 

Credit to : Hpility


No comments: