Saturday, February 09, 2013

Eve of Chinese New Year : Reunion Dinners

LOTD : Look Of The Day


I'm wearing the new dress that I've bought at JB the other time. I was a bit worried that I couldn't fit in as this is a no trying piece but luckily it fitted me nicely.   


The eve of Chinese New Year is also a day where we gather for our annual reunion dinner. Went to grandma house at Jurong for steamboat before going to bf's side for hot soup. Grateful  for the home-cooked dinner. Also thanks to Lynette for giving me a bottle of her father's homemade chili. It goes well with the steamboat! Topic over the steamboats is mainly on the recent population white paper. Well, frustrations is inevitable. 


After dinner, I went out to meet my friends for reunion. This is the first year I went out so late during the eve of Chinese New Year, so it's quite special. For the past few years, I would just stay at home and either watch tv or surf net till very late to 守岁。Really appreciate Jess for arranging the meet up! Had a brief but fun time playing UNO cards with them. 

As it's Chinese New Year eve, a lot of shops were already closed. We went to Bugis+ and found this shop still opened so we had our dessert there. We had yummy ice-cream made up of Baileys, Moscato and Tiramisu! One cheers factor, they provide unlimited toppings. *Sweet* 

********************************************************************
Interesting stuffs for 2013, Snake Year

Check out the auspicious and inauspicious colours for the twelve different zodiac. Use this chart when buying clothes. Blue and black is my inauspicious colours and it's quite sad for me as I have a whole lot of blue and black clothing. I don't have any piece of purple clothing in my wardrobe so maybe it's time to do some shopping. Heehee. 





Now this chart below shows who is your helping zodiac. All those born under horse and dog, please come and help me! It's a harmful year for me!! Oh gosh! 


Screenshot this which a friend posted on FB. If you can read this, you will realize the beauty of Chinese language between the original message and the reply. 


Thanks for reading. 
Happy Snake Year! 


No comments: