Friday, September 14, 2012

Wallis Autumn/Winter Style Talk 2012

Founded in 1923, Wallis is the shop to visit for premium women's clothing. Stylish and sophisticated blouses, skirts, dresses, jackets and trousers are available from size 8 to 20. They even carry a line of petite clothing for women 5'3" and under. 


I was invited to preview their autumn/winter collections in their shop at Paragon #03-46 and it was indeed an eye-opener.


Stylist Furqan Saini shared with us tips on the latest trends of the season. I felt that the design of this blouse looks a lot like the patterns of our thumbprints. I don't think I could carry this design as well as the model. In fact, I think this set don't suits me at all but it just look so great on the model. *ENVY* 


A plain dress in gold which gives a different feeling after a jacket was put on. Nice and elegant.


Three different pretty models with three different colors and styles. I personally love the style on the left and middle model very much. Take a look at the middle model in red, the flared ruffle at the waistline of the blouse is known as the peplum (New word learnt today). Wearing a peplum adds more horizontal line across the hips area therefore shortens the legs, so one should always match this with an above-the-knee skirt and ankle boots or with trousers to create a retro hourglass glory look.


The purple series. Sometime, accessories like necklace and scarf can transform a normal dress into a party dress. So it's good to invest in many different accessories for different occasions.


 Delicious canapés were served after the fashion talk. 


Thanks LiS for accompany me to this event and helping me to take photos of the models when I went to the washroom. ^^v


Thanks Jessie for informing me of this event and thanks ELLE team and Wallis for the invitation and goodie bag.   

No comments: