Tuesday, May 01, 2012

GV Jurong Point Reopening : Meet Auntie Lucy + Watch Marvel's The Avengers

On this Labour Day, what better things to do than to put everything aside (especially work, ha ha) and watch the latest, most talked about blockbuster in a newly renovated movie theater with your dearest? Sounds great right? That's what I've been doing today, big thanks to omy invitation! :D


 After a $4.5 million dollar renovation and about a 3 months renovation period, GV at Jurong Point is finally ready to reopen its doors to movie goers with an enhanced movie-viewing experience. 


The newly-renovated GV Jurong Point now boost a total of 6 fully digital cinema halls with 1,062 seats and 14 wheelchair berths. Look forward to a complete refurbishment of all the cinema auditoriums, common areas, washrooms, box office and candy bar counter. The whole place looked so bright and new even the air seemed fresher. Lolol. Hmm, you might be thinking who cares about the candy bar or washrooms?? I visit the cinema is to watch movie not to stay inside the washrooms for two hours? Yes, and so I shall now share on their internal features which has addressed some of the biggest concerns of movie patrons.

  Think, what is most disturbing when watching movies at the cinema? For me it's definitely when my view is blocked by the person in front of me and I have to strain my neck to get the whole view throughout the whole movie. Another common complains is how cramp the legroom space is. Sometimes, after putting down my big bags and small bags, I don't even have room to put my feet!     

These issues are now not an issue anymore with the wider and more luxurious Camatic cinema seats, and the introduction of stadium seating offers excellent sightlines from every seat. The legroom space is also increased to 1.1m as compared to 0.90m previously. Now I can shake leg and watch my movie in comfort! (Scroll down for a photo of me resting and stretching my feet to prove that!) On top of that, there's also improved projection and sound systems with the wall-to-wall Spectro screens and a 7.1 Dolby Sound system with premium-gradde EAW (Eastern Acoustic Works) speakers from the United States. I don't know about the technical terms of this speaker but I know that the sound effect is awesome with greater impact and lesser distortion. Okay, enough of the big chunk of wordings, now here's the official photos of the actual place with credit from www.gv.com.sg!

 

BOX OFFICE ! Photo credit : www.gv.com.sg
Candy Bar ! Photo Credit: www.gv.com.sg
Corridor with new poster boxes ! Photo Credit : www.gv.com.sg
Stadium Seatings ! Photo Credit : www.gv.com.sg
Seats and Screen ! Photo Credit : www.gv.com.sg
 Luxurious seats with wider legroom ! Photo Credit: www.gv.com.sg
To kick-off the cinema's re-opening, the popular Auntie Lucy (Dennis Chew) even came down to make a guest appearance! I didn't managed to get a good photo of Auntie Lucy so please visit the Facebook page for more photos. 

******************************************************

Labour Day ONLY Promotion


Free mini Magnum ice-cream giveaway when we show the movie ticket to the bar candy counter.

Daily Promotions from 2nd to 23rd May



Movie time : Marvel's The Avengers

*Stretch Legs* 

Marvel's The Avengers, I would rate this movie a 4/5 stars. Storyline is predictable. The good always triumph in the end so it's more of seeing the different heroes showcase their skills. There's funny scenes from Hulk, Ironman, Thor. 
Credit from http://9gag.com/gag/1312541
EPIC HAHA !!

Thor: Loki is my brother.
Natasha: He killed eighty people in two days.
Thor: ... He's adopted.

ANOTHER WAHAHA !!

Remember to stay till the credit for some extra scenes. (Red Skull : ultimate enemy)

PS: Do visit the newly opened GV at Jurong Point for a better movie watching experience! 

No comments: