Saturday, March 24, 2012

313@somerset : Green & Gorgeous Fashion Swap - Dropping off my clothes

I think I deserved a pat on the back because I have been diligently clearing up my wardrobe since yesterday. This rare occasion of clearing up my wardrobe makes me realized just how much clothes I have. Two whole wardrobe full of clothes and to think I always complained that I don't have enough clothes to wear!! Throughout the clearing session, I took the clothes out to wear and found out that most of the clothes either don't fits me or don't suits me anymore. I even found some clothes with the tag intact and I have never wore them before! It would be a waste if I were to throw them away so I'm really excited when I received an e-mail from 313@Somerset on their upcoming events.     

http://www.313somerset.com.sg/en/Whats%20On/Promotions/MAR%2012%20-%20Green%20and%20Gorgeous 
In conjunction of Earth Hour 2012, 313@somerset brings to the public this event called "Green and Gorgeous Fashion Swap." Not only are we able to bring clothes but also accessories down on the given collection dates for swapping during the actual day on 31st  March 2012. In order to participate for this event, one have to register by (1) Filling up a registration form at the Concierge at B1 (2) SMS your name and email to 9438 2058. I'm not sure when the registration ends though.  


So these are the clothes that I brought along for the swap. 10 pieces in total. 


 Went down to their drop-off point at Level 1, Discovery Walk (beside Charlie Brown Café) There would be another drop-off point on the 26-30 March 2012, 830am-530pm at the 313 Management Office, #05-04. 


Thank you 313 for organizing this worthy event and thanks to my bf for sending me over today and make us missed another event.  



Clothes were categorized between moderate value. 



And also Best Value. I've already spotted a few pieces of clothing other the Best Value category.



Of the 10 clothes I've brought down today, only 2 clothes were selected and given the green light for the actual event. I've gotten 6 BEST VALUE coupons as 4 other clothes were accepted yesterday. Was a bit unhappy with the crew today as they laughed, whispered and judged the clothes among themselves. Some of the rejected clothes were brand new and I have not even wore them before but got rejected due to "Design" issue according to the crews. The irony of this system is that one of the dress I brought down yesterday was rejected so I brought it down again today and it was accepted. So tell me, design and style is a very subjective matters right? Saw a lot of feedback regarding this posted on their Facebook too. After all the selecting, they asked me if I want to donate or take back my clothes, so I decided to donate a few pieces and take back the rest. I intend to sell them off at my eBay. Forget to ask to which organisation they will be donating to so I rather just sell them off cheaply at eBay or give them to people I know. Maybe next time, they should state clearly in their flyer that they do select the clothes and based on what criteria and for those clothes not selected, to which charity will they donate to? This would help to prevent disappointment and also the idea that all brand new or good condition clothes would be accepted.  

No comments: