Thursday, February 04, 2016

[EVENT] Carousell CNY Community Meetup


Carousell held its first meet up with the Singapore community users at The Co., 75 High Street. If you have not heard of Carousell, it's a simple-to-use app that enables users to buy and sell items through the app in split seconds. Definitely a great way to clear the clutter as well as to find great deals. 

I joined Carousell on 19th April 2014 and the first item I sold was a Hello Kitty iPhone 4 casing for $5. Before that, I was selling on eBay. So far, the selling experience at Carousell was great. I love meeting up with buyers and knowing that the things that has got no use to me anymore is of value to others. Out of all the meets up, I've only had one bad experience with a buyer who have agreed on meeting up twice but didn't turned up in the end.

My mum is a big help to me too when it comes to meeting up with buyers as sometimes the arranged timing may clash with my working hours.

Beside the positive feedback I received, sometimes the nice personal messages also made me feel very happy and encouraged. I'm not an active buyer inside though, so far I've only bought some craft items and admission ticket only. 

Photo Credit: Carousell  
Dinner served from Godfather's Pizza by Foodpanda, the friendly staff from Carousell came over to mingle with us. After eating, we moved to the seats in front and listened to how Carousell was founded by the founder himself.


We also played a fun game which requires us to mingle around to find the right person for each description given. 


Enjoyed the photo booth and made new friends on Carousell. Being a Carousell event, first thing usually people asked was what did you sell on Carousell? My reply to them was anything, except those prohibited items. 

Photo Credit: Carousell
Photo Credit: Carousell

My first Lo Hei for 2016 Chinese New Year. 

Photo Credit: Carousell
Group photo at the end of the event. Those in orange tee are the staff from Carousell and most of them are just around my age and even younger! 

Photo Credit: Meryl
Before we left, was glad to be able to have a photo taken with one of the founders, Marcus. Looking forward to more such gatherings and meet up.

Interesting Read - Carousell: 29 Little-Known Facts Discovered During Meet-Up Session (Link)

XOXO

No comments: