Saturday, October 12, 2024

[Tribute Concert] Hopelessly Devoted: A Celebration Of Olivia Newton-John

 On 8 August 2022, the world lost an icon and legendary artist Olivia Newton-John. With over 100 million records sold worldwide, Olivia's musical legacy extends far beyond borders. 

Snipped Picture from the Official Program List

I'm glad we had the chance to relive Olivia's timeless hits here in Singapore with a heartfelt tribute concert, Hopelessly Devoted: A Celebration of Olivia Newton-John hosted by Ms Tottie Goldsmith, Olivia's niece. This one-day-only concert was held at the Sands Theatre at Marina Bay Sands. 


My Mom grew up listing to Oliva's songs during her younger days, so I brought her along with me to enjoy this lovely Saturday afternoon. 

Dare to Dream - Cast
Banks of the Ohio - Jess Hitchcock

I Will Be Right Here - Jess Hitchcock and David Campbell

This particular song stole my heart from the first segment. Love the melody, the lyrics and I went back and searched for it on YouTube just to listen to the song again. 

"Wherever you go
Whatever you do
Wherever you are
My heart is with you

No matter how far
I'll always be near
Whenever you need me
I will be right here"

Magic - Christie Whelan Browne

Suddenly - Christie Whelan Browne and David Campbell

Make a Move on Me - Georgina Hopson

Physical - Christie Whelan Browne

Following the high-energy performance to the song Physical, the show went into a short break for interval. 

Love is a gift - Georgina Hopson and David Campbell

Take me home, Country Roads - Cast

The concert featured an impressive lineup of 23 songs, performed by Australia's talented vocalists and Singapore's Base Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Jessica Gethin. It was a good mix of sentimental tunes to high energy hits. The second segment brought Olivia's Newton-John's iconic Grease era to life, with timeless hits like 'Hopelessly Devoted' performed and captivating the audience. The encores, 'You're the One That I want' and 'Xanadu' ignited the crowd's passion, and many stood up from their seats to dance to the familiar rhythms! 


We were totally immersed and enjoyed ourselves during the concert. This concert reminded me how the power of music can transcend time and touch hearts with Olivia Newton-John's legacy continue to inspire many. 


XOXO

No comments: