Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mahjong session + My first ever concert experience - AMIT Live first world tour + Dinner/Supper at Geylang 126

Chinese New Year is coming. I think most people will be playing Mahjong during the Chinese New Year season hoping to "HUAT". Unlike that most people, I probably belong to the small group of minority who don't know how to play Mahjong. Had no idea about how to see the 台, had a hard time counting how many bamboos are on the tiles and had a hard time arranging them in order. -_-" Shared leg with bf and he played 3 winds while I played the last wind. Asked me if I've learn anything or not, I would say maybe a bit of pointers noted but if lack practice sure will forget again. Altogether Bf and I lost $6.10 in this game to which bf said he lost until very happy because he also long time never play mahjong liao. Maybe it's time to start logging in to Viwawa and played the Wahjong there and see if can learnt something from self exploring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After one round of Mahjong, we are all getting ready for dinner and to head out to the Indoor Stadium for A*Mei Concert AKA AMIT. Just before we left, Cyn asked a question that reminded me of something important and that is the concert ticket!! I actually happily put it inside my room and forgets to bring it out. So off we went from Boon Keng to Clementi to take the tickets and because of that bf and I didn't have any dinner. Bought some snacks outside the Indoor stadium instead. It's really daylight robbery to buy snacks there. Hot dog bun cost as expansive as $8!! Those type they sell at cinema too. Super duper expansive. I bought one stick or fishball, 2 sticks of nuggets and 1 cup of lemon tea for $10+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Met bf at the Stadium Meeting Place while he went to find parking lots.



It's at this point where we are queuing to get in then I started to feel the excitement for my first ever concert experience!



Star Watch - A Gallery of signatures by those performers.



We found A*Mei's signature signed way back in 2002.



Have to check bag.



Inside of the Singapore Indoor Stadium.



Helped a couple took a photo and they volunteered to help us take one back.



Before the concert starts we signed up free for a Star Pass membership that let us have a free drink at the Star Lounge.



Taken at the staff lounge with the free star necklace that came together with the membership.




Wow, the people are flooding in. A*Mei held two concerts in Singapore. Yesterday and today. Today's one was fully sold out cause yesterday's one was a last minute additional slot so people like us who buy our tickets early only have today to choose from.



More photos taken before the concert begins.






可爱的阿密狮 ~ Lion Dance



The backdrop is very nice. The owl's eyes can move one. Before this segment I think is a part whereby the violin combine with the guitar and they played Canon in D while A*Mei was backstage preparing for her next song.



Came to the end of the concert. I love this concert very much although seriously I knew only a handful of her new songs. Think I am more familiar of her songs when she was 张惠妹 then when she was 阿密特。There's a small segment whereby A*Mei sang a small part of her old songs (听海,我可以抱你吗, 记得,解脱 etc) one or two songs, she herself can't remember parts of the lyrics already but the audience still participate and almost everyone can sing along with her. I also enjoyed the segment she sang solo the opera, her voice was so powerful when she reaches the high notes but not those type that gives me goosebumps. 超有爆发力的声音。Cyn, Lis and I stood up and dance and really enjoyed ourselves to the max for some of the songs. By the way, Stefanie Sun was one of the VIPs in the first row. In this few hours, there's this song "如果你也听说” which I thought she will sang but she didn't sing.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was starving from the lack of dinner. Luckily though the two gals had already eaten their dinner they are still okay to eat supper and suggested this very famous dim sum place at Geylang called 126. Delicious~ Think need to find more of such 24 hours place to eat.






Slept at 3am with a bloated stomach.

No comments: