Saturday, December 10, 2022

[Personal] Family Day Out to Fort Siloso Tour + 365 National Steps Challenge + DIOR Christmas at Orchard

 I am quite active when it comes to participating in the community events so when one of the RC committee members told me there's a family day out event, I just purchased three tickets ($10/ticket) on the spot.  


The Family Day out event is a half day outing with a one-way transport to Sentosa. We had to meet at the RC at 8.30am to board the coach bus. Here's a photo of my girl running towards the coach bus as she was afraid the bus would leave without us. 


It was a fully guided tour to explore Fort Siloso. We set off with a scenic stroll along the 11-storey high Skywalk Trail among the treetops to Fort Siloso. The beautiful harbour below will move to Tuas in 10 years time. 


Next, we witness the largest collection of coastal guns left behind in Singapore. These are guns with the load emulsion in front and not canons as some may think they are. There are a total of 3 fortress built by the British but only Fort Siloso was preserved. 


These exhibitions may not be too suitable for my girl as it's more on the history of Singapore. 


Good thing is one of her best friend in class was also on this tour so she just hanged around with him and his sister throughout the whole tour.


This is an old photo of Fort Canning. A lot of people guess Chinatown but the hint is actually the light house behind.


Unfortunately, it was raining quite heavily towards the end of the tour and my girl was so concern for her best friend because he did not had an umbrella, so she shielded her all the way. 


We ended the tour with a round trip journey on the Singapore Cable Car - Sentosa Line. My girl had actually ride on the cable car before when she was 2 years old but when asked her about it, she couldn't recall it anymore so it's a good opportunity for us to ride the cable car again as a family. The whole duration to and back is about 30 minutes. 


After the cable car ride, we took a shuttle bus out to Beach Station and the buffet lunch was held at Good Old Days. We were lucky to find a long table so the two families can sit together and the kids can eat and play together. The food is quite nice but limited choices. The RC members told us that next trip is most probably going to the Jurong Bird Park in January before it shift to Mandai. This one I may not join as January is a busy month with Chinese New Year coming up.  


I continued to stay in Sentosa for the National Steps Challenge, Healthy 365 Feel Refreshed with Every Move Challenge. Coincidentally, this is a one day only event at the Sapphire Pavilion, Siloso Beach. As we've been out the whole morning, I asked my hubby and my girl to go to the library at VivoCity to wait for me while I complete this challenge. Gotten my game card and was told to hurry down to the Tanjong Beach at the other end to get the Bonus Chop. Hopped on the Sentosa tram and made a new friend. Like me, she's also heading to the Tanjong Beach for the bonus stamp. We chatted alot and we walked back from Tanjong Beach instead of taking the tram. Along the way, we made another new friend so the three of us completed all the challenges together. Even though in the end, all the lucky draw has been fully redeemed, I still enjoyed the long walk and chat. Both of them stayed in the East and even asked me to join them at Tampines for dinner but I had something on. 


After this, I met up with my family at VivoCity and we head down to Orchard to meet my friends, Jessie, Meryl and their other half. We had arrange to do our Christmas gift exchange and also to take photos of the Christmas decorations at Orchard. My girl was starting to feel sick and was coughing non stop thus I only managed to take photos at Dior and ate dinner with them at ION before we had to go back home. 


XOXO


No comments: