Sunday, August 30, 2020

[STAY HOME] Lunch with Dr.Oetker Pizza + Uncle Saba's Poppadoms + Hearty Spices Turmeric Latte Spice Mix

 On days when we don't feel like cooking or going out, having some ready-made pizza in the freezer comes into good use. We had the Mozzarella Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes pizza from Dr.Oetker for our stay home lunch on one of the Sundays. 

Just bought this Mistral 32L electric oven not long ago when it was on sale for less than $90 and this is the first time using it. If I had got it earlier during the circuit breaker period, I probably would have been a home baker now. Hehe. Just kidding. Bought it as I didn't want to be restricted when it comes to baking and hoping to try baking some cookies and pastries in future too. For this pizza, we simply heat it up in the oven for about 10 minutes and out comes a yummy and delicious meal for the family. 

What we liked about the pizza from Dr.Oetker is how thin and crispy the crust is, we can hear the crunchy sound with every bite. We also love having cheese and juicy tomatoes as our toppings for pizza. In fact, my girl even finished two slices all by herself. Gonna stock up on the other flavours to try out too. 

Sometimes back during the National Day period, I pre-ordered 3 cans of the limited edition chilli crab poppadoms from Uncle Saba. Unlike the usual potato chips that I'm so used to, poppadoms are actually plant based snacks made from lentils. It's a healthier snack to munch on as it's made with more protein, fibre, have less carbs, less saturated fats and is cholesterol free with no trans-fat and MSG! 


These ready-to-eat poppadoms are also Halal-certified and suitable for those on a vegan and gluten-free diet. I find that the chilli crab taste is not strong enough. Probably will try the Sweet Chilli flavour as recommended by my friend.   

I'm a spice lover and after learning about the many benefits of Hearty Spices Turmeric Latte Spice Mix, I just have to order it online to try it out. Hearty Spices Turmeric Latte Spice Mix is formulated with 7 different spices that helps us to enhance our digestion, improve immunity and regulates our blood sugar, just to name a few. The 7 spices includes Turmeric, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Fennel, Ginger, Black Pepper and Saffron.

I love how it comes in a simple zip-lock packaging and has all the necessary information such as the preparation method and benefits all stated on the packaging itself. Turning this into my favourite drink is easy too. Simply pour 240 ml of my favourite milk into the saucepan and add 0.5 teaspoon of the Turmeric Latte Mix to the heated milk. Stirred for another 2 to 3 minutes and this hot, golden milk will be ready to be served! 

Much to my surprise, the taste of the spice was so mild and not overpowering at all, I can still enjoy my milk and knowing that it now comes with so much added goodness to it. My girl also tried adding some of the turmeric latte spice mix to her cold milk and although it doesn't mix in as well, she could still drink it easily. Both mummy and daughter's favourite drink now.


XOXO


No comments: