Sunday, September 30, 2018

[Personal] Celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival 2018

Although the Mid-Autumn Festival is not considered a public holiday, I still celebrates it without fail. I hope that this tradition will continues with my girl as I had so much fond memories of celebrating it with the candle lit lanterns and munching on the mooncakes. As years goes by, most of the traditions had evolved. Instead of candle lit lanterns, kids nowadays carried LED light lanterns. The mooncakes had also evolve from the traditional baked ones to the snowskins with so much flavours to choose from. Even the mooncake boxes is now a talking point with so much details put in to making it.


This year, I received some very nice and unique mooncake boxes that I would like to share in this post. 

Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake

CRYSTAL JADE - DISNEY'S MICKEY AND FRIENDS MUSICAL CAROUSEL COLLECTION


This is indeed a collectible item for any Disney fan. When I was told to collect the mooncake, I was expecting those normal square box of 4 baked mooncakes or those wardrobe kind so I was pleasantly surprise when I saw this. Even took so much photos of this with Rena. The only downpoint was that the box was too big and challenging to store after using. One suggestion I probably could think of is to make it into like a portable lantern. This way, I could carry it out like carrying a lantern and have the mooncakes kept inside.



"Designed based on specially-commissioned drawings by Disney’s artists, the beautiful rose gold-gilded tin box; which is lit from within, is a musical carousel that features the beloved characters of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy, on a merry-go-round ride to the joyful tune of ‘Mickey Mouse March’. 


Within the carousel is a tea-party-ready two-tier dessert tray, with eight petite gems in two delicious flavours. Definite crowd-pleasers, Pandan Lotus with gula Melaka 椰糖班兰莲蓉 (coral pink) is a harmonious blend of two quintessential South-east Asian ingredients, while Chocolate Manuka honey 巧克力麦卢卡蜂蜜 (light brown) marries the intense and rich flavour of premium Manuka honey with quality milk chocolate. The dessert tray is reusable as an elegant table centrepiece after the mooncakes have been consumed!" 

A gift to me from my boss and his wife. 

PARADISE GROUP - TURQUOISE JAPANESE BENTO-LIKE MOONCAKE BOX


This Japanese bento-like box comes in a unique turquoise colour that even the office receptionist loves it. There is also a crystal embedded "樂" which means happy. As there is another restaurant name with "樂" in their name, many got confused with which this is from. The name is actually printed on the mooncake itself. The set also comes with a complimentary tin of Paradise Groups glutinous rice tea that one can enjoy while eating the mooncakes.



A gift to me from one of the clients.  

SINGAPORE MARRIOTT TANG PLAZA HOTEL - WARDROBE TYPE MOONCAKE BOX


This is the most traditional looking box. Red and gold are the favourite colours of any traditional chinese festival. Opened up the door to reveal 4 drawers that can be pulled out for the mooncakes. 


1,000 points from Ryden's M1 account and an additional payment of $20 

Mid-Autumn Festival Celebrations



This year was first year celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival with my girl. I remembered I had a doraemon lantern in the storeroom at my parents house so I asked my mom to search for it and luckily, she found it. It was still in good condition and we carried it to the mid-autumn celebration.We went to the one at organized by our CC.


On the actual day, I received a Mian Bao Chao Ren lantern from my colleague who sat beside me. It was very cute and had two modes, one was to switch the lights on and the other was to switch the lights with music.In both modes, it could move on the floor by itself. When it bumped into an obstacle, it was even able to move away from it. Rena was so fascinated with this and played with it a couple of days. 

Disney Tsum Tsum Themed Mid-Autumn Celebration of Love at VivoCity 



Having seen so many photos of this lovely place that I told Ryden I need to go there before the whole thing was taken down. The last day of the installation was 30th September and we went down on that very last day. The place was located at VivoCity's Sky Park Level 3. The whole entire rooftop garden had turned into a magical Disney Tsum Tsum lantern installations. As it was free entry, the place was very popular and had a huge crowd.


Famous Love Quotes from the different Disney fairy tales at the different sector. My favourite is the one from Mulan.


Next, we moved on to the 40m tunnel of love!



VivoCity is the only shopping mall that has put in so much effort in bringing out the atmosphere of mid-autumn. A pity we didn't catch this at night, it would had been so much more beautiful and cooler. The sun was scorching hot when we went.

That's all for my sharing on Mid-Autumn Festival.
Hope everyone had a wonderful September. 
Counting down to Christmas soon! 

XOXO

No comments: