Saturday, July 23, 2016

[RUN] POCARI SWEAT Run 2016 completes its journey to the Moon!

The fifth edition of POCARI SWEAT Run 2016 is more than just a race! It has a special mission for runners to complete the final leg of POCARI SWEAT's journey to the Moon! For the past few years, runners have already covered a total of 300,000 KM. This year,  about 10,000 runners were flagged off from The Float @ Marina Bay at 6pm to complete the remaining distance of 80,000 KM of the 380,000 KM journey to the moon. I was one of the runners who contributed too!  


Tied closely to the Lunar Dream Capsule Project, POCARI SWEAT partners with Astroscale and developed POCARI SWEAT powder that can be delivered to the moon and made into beverage with the water found on the moon's surface.


Dark clouds can be seen hovering around the race area and there was actually a slight drizzle while we were walking to the race area. Walked through the water point and baggage area which are sheltered before we exit again to the race village.


POCARI SWEAT understands the importance of hydration and their beverage is developed to be the closest composition to our BODYWATER (fluid inside our human body). It is suitable even in extreme conditions such as in space. 


Thumbs up for POCARI SWEAT run. Even the astronaut is back to Earth to support this run. 


Loving the many photo-taking zone at the race village. This one is the anti-gravity photo booth.


More random selfie/wefie/photos before the race starts. With my Bro and ZW.


Bro went to try out the Astronaut Workout Challenge which is a thematic fitness program created in collaboration with local gym - Reactiv. The HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout is specially tailored to give participants an insight into the level of fitness required of an astronaut in a zero-gravity environment.


Finally, we heard the announcement for check-in and I went into the 5 KM check-in area.


The race route for POCARI SWEAT run 2016 as mapped out by my Endomondo app.


Flushed faced me after the run. I run to feel the heart pumping my blood around my body. I run to feel the need to catch my breath.  I run to feel alive. 


Another Finisher medal added to my medals collection. Running is an addiction! 


Timing according to the the race tracker.


Achievement in my life.


I am so thankful that it doesn't rain and we were all able to complete the run and enjoy the cooling weather. 


Enjoying the snacks and finger food provided at the VIP area. You can't imagine how much food I've gobbled down here. Can't resist food unless I'm sick.


Running buddies. Looking forward to more race together!


Race pack revealed. Overall, I'm in good form for this race and you can tell from my timing as compared to last week Mizuno's one. As usual, I ran, stopped, walked, admired the scenery a bit and this cycle continues until I reached the finishing point. Just couldn't run the full 5 KM without stopping yet. Looking forward to participate again next year. Thank you to the organizing team of POCARI SWEAT Run! 


XOXO

No comments: