Sunday, February 08, 2015

[Travel] Day Trip to Mega Mall Batam Centre

Was glad to be able to join my friends for a day of makan cum shopping session at the Mega Mall Batam Centre. Half of the group were already quite familiar with the place since they've went there quite frequently to shop while it was the first time for the other half of us. Booking of the ferry tickets online at the Batam Fast Website is so convenient and we just have to collect our pre-entered white card and boarding pass at the Batam Fast counter, Harbourfront Centre. Total cost of the ferry ticket is $48 to and back.

FOODIES

Claressa make sure that we had our tummy filled by having lots of in-between makan sessions. In fact, the first stop we reached is to eat.

Esteler 77
We had Mie Ayam Pedas Istimewa and Teh Botol Sosro. Seriously, why is the food and drinks there so nice one? I was really addicted to their Teh Botoh.


After which, we ordered their famous dessert, Es Teler (Regular). This is too sweet for me though. There's avocado and some other fruits inside.

Pempek Kolecta


For our second makan stop, we ordered Pempek Campur (Mixed Fried Fish Cakes) and Tekwan (Fish cake in soup served with vermicelli). I'm a fish balls and fish cakes person so this stop is just right for me! Their sauce is very unique. Spicy yet a little sweet.

A&W Fast Food Restaurant
This is what Singapore used to have but now we have to go to our neighbouring countries to eat them. Root beer and waffle is a must eat there. Those waffles sold in cafes would more or less cost double or even triple the price of this. With ice-cream and toppings some more.

SHOPPING 

Shopped for my Chinese New Year clothes. The departmental store here is less crowded and we were not limited to a certain number of clothing to bring to the fitting room. At one point, I bring like about 10 pieces of clothes to the fitting room!


Very messy fitting room as we have no time to hang up properly, we just anyhow throw the clothes on the floor. Oops! 


A few of the other things I bought at the super mart there. I'm not going to show all that I bought out here cause it's really too much. When it comes to buying tidbits, nobody can beat me. It was so heavy until I need help in carrying them. Thanks Jess's bf for helping me to carry. So paiseh. After that we saw some "inspired" branded wallets and I bought a lot of that too. Lolol. A lot of things were really cheap there, especially beauty products, facial foam, etc. 


Overall, I really enjoyed myself during this trip. I will go back again for the yummy food that I can't find in Singapore. Only troublesome thing is when it comes to the currency, I'm really not used to seeing so many digits.

Note: Exchange rate at 9,230 for this trip.

No comments: