Thursday, May 08, 2014

Food Art - How to make an Owl Bread


How our food looks constitute a big part of the overall eating pleasure. Food art is an interesting concept turning ordinary and boring food into something interesting with just a little bit of creativity and simple ingredients. Will start with an easy one as seen above which is an Owl Bread. 


I sketch out the idea online with the ingredient list on this special recipe card that I received, read more about My Kitchen Rules on my previous post here.



All the ingredients that are needed are as seen in the photo above. 

1.Sunshine Extra Fine Wholemeal Bread (healthier choice, read my previous post here
2. Raisins (The original maker of this food art used black olives which looks better)
3. Cucumber 
4. Carrot
5. Egg
6. Cheese


This is so easy to make, I don't think I need to show any step-by-step instructions. The only thing that needs to be cooked is just the egg, it has to be a hard-boiled egg for its eyes, obviously. Bread, cheese, raisins, carrots and cucumbers can be eaten as its' original state.   


Me with the final master piece. I enjoyed doing this food art but the only problem in creating one food art is that I am left with a lots of leftovers. Only used one slice of the whole cucumber and carrot. The rest have to put back into the fridge. So maybe next time have to plan to cook a meal with those ingredients. Enjoy and if you have any other interesting food art, do share it with me!

No comments: