Saturday, December 08, 2012

Licence 2 Play : Asiasoft unveil the next Blockbuster Game - Ragnarok Online 2 : Legend of the Second

Licence2Play 2012 is one of Asia's highly anticipated gaming events. Held at the Sands Expo & Convention Centre Hall E, it is one event not to be missed by gamers.

This is the platform whereby the latest game highlights and launches, competitions, cosplay and so much more fun happening under one roof!




I'm very excited to be able to enter with a Media Pass. This is my first time visiting such gaming events and I got a special media tag to go with. Woohoo. 

Last time, I used to think that this type of events is for those very pro gamers to go, but now I realised I was wrong. It doesn't matter whether you are an experience gamer or like me who plays games leisurely, as long as you love fun and games, u can be there to soak in the gaming atmosphere. 


 In the center part of the exhibition hall is where the Asiasoft showcase is located. Here, is also where Asiasoft unveil their long-awaited bloackbuster free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) - Ragnarok Online 2 : Legend of the Second


 The pink slime looking creature that I'm holding to, is actually one of the monsters in the game. You know how in Maple Story they have the cute green slime? In Ragnarok Online 2, it's pink in colour and it's called Poring!!! Poring is not a nice name if you ask me. Poring. Boring. Poring. And don't you think that it's just too cute to be a monster and be killed? Anyway, I'm super glad to get hold of this and I think I'm loving this more than the orange mushroom. Lolol. Shall bring it to the office to hug.


Haha, now you know how much I love my Poring? Taking group photos already and I'm the only one still holding and posing with Poring to take a photo with it. So embarrassing. 


The great behind the scene aka game developers (Based in Korea, from Gravity Co. Ltd) of Ragnarok Online 2. We were so honored to be able to meet them in person. They flew all the way to Singapore just to be here for the launch.  

  
    So how could we missed out on taking a group photo with them? I just found out online that the original concept was called "The Gate of The World" rather than "Legend of the Second" because the developer felt that it was not really complete. With a change in theme, it also resulted in a change in the ending. 


After that, it was our turn to hands on with playing the game. That's Shu Qing, Jess Baby and me. Thanks Terence for helping to take the photo. We were all too focused playing the game to look at the camera. The game was set in a charming and cheerful storyline in a glorious 3D environment. I'm not really used to playing 3D environment games. The graphic proves to be better with the zoom and all that but I am not used to navigating with the W,A,S,D so I will tend to use the up, down, left, right arrows when moving around. That is more for 2D games like Maple Story. 


The new highlight in Ragnarok Online 2 is their Dual Life System. It enables players with a new function to set their characters as NPC's (Non-Playable characters) when they are offline to render their services (healing, crafting, tailoring, etc) to active players in order to earn a profit.


They've also made vast improvements to traditional game features like the card and kafra systems. In the new card system, the cards will be attached to the character instead of to the items. 


Beautiful full colour print out of the press release in a folder for us to refer to. 

To download the free game client and for more details on Ragnarok Online 2 and its in-game events, do visit http://www.PlayRO2.com/.  Continuous community activities to engage all users will be on the official Ragnarok Online 2 Facebook fan page at https://www.facebook.com/ragnarokonline2


The pretty cosplayers. I think I just spoiled the whole photo when I'm standing beside them. 


Games from Blizzard. Sorry to say, none of these games attracts me. Although I know these games are popular. More for the guys, I felt. 


Some of the great prizes to be won at the lucky draw. Diablo game set with all the signatures of the developers and other rare and collectible items. Congrats to the lucky ones who've won. 


Installation CDs for the media. Oops! Did I just say that none of these games attracts me. Furthermore, I really have no time to start playing online games. Especially during the initial training part. Keep on killing the same monsters to complete quests and level up is quite time consuming and tiring. Nevertheless, I'm thankful to receive all the wonderful goodies and to be able to attend. Maybe I can pass these CDs to someone else. 

No comments: