Saturday, November 03, 2012

Loving Marina Bay Exhibition Launch + AmBAYssador Appreciation Reception + Singapore Wine Fiesta

Photo Credit to :  https://www.facebook.com/marinabaysg
Thanks Jessie for bringing me to the official launch of the Loving Marina Bay Exhibition. This photography exhibition is set up at Clifford Square and it would be a month long event running from 3rd November to 3rd December 2012.   

Photo Credit to http://www.marina-bay.sg/lovingmb/index.html
The public got to see over 100 enthralling photos of the different facets of the Marina Bay taken by the 20 chosen AmBAYssadors. These 20 AmBAYssadors are made up of Singapore's popular bloggers as well as photographers and they will be leading some of the exciting activities like heritage walks and photography workshops over the weekends. Visit this link to find out who are the 20 AmBAYssadors and also their respective websites. 


One of the best refreshments I've ever been served. Enjoyed the food first before the AmBAYssador Appreciation Reception starts. Oh ya, this was held at the Sansui Sumiyaki & Bar (One Fullerton)

Photo Credit to : https://www.facebook.com/marinabaysg
Thanks Darren Chin for taking this photo. 


Speech by Ms Fun Siew Leng, director (Urban Planning & Design) of URA before she gives out the token of appreciation to the 20 AmBAYssadors.  


This is Superadrianme receiving the token of appreciation, which is a canvas print-out of his photo of the Supertree Grove! Super nice. 

Photo Credit to Jess Baby's blog.

WAHAHA! So funny la, the both of them. Did Yong Wei really bent the bench? LOL! Had a great time taking photos with Jessie, Terence, Andrew and Yong Wei.   


I have two of the Love Notes Postcard waiting to be pen and send. Thinking back of my Marina Bay memories, I have seen the great transformation of this place. 

Before the transformation, it was a place I used to go to for steamboats and kite flying outings. Now, there's so much attractions there like Gardens by the Bay, Singapore Flyer, Floating Platform, Marina Barrage. I wonder what's more to come in the next 10 years or so.

 Anyway, more on where to collect the Love Notes Postcard, do visit this website : http://www.marina-bay.sg/lovingmb/notes.htm

***************************************************************


As we attended the Loving Marina Bay Exhibition Launch, we were given complimentary entry into the Singapore Wine Fiesta! How cool is that? The Singapore Wine Fiesta is in its 5th year and is the largest outdoor wine fair in the region presented by The Straits Wine Company in partnership with DBS. 


65 winemakers from around the World  (Australia, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom and USA) were featured in this Wine Fiesta. 


Okay, I must say I have zero knowledge in wine so this opportunity is really an eye-opener to me. This is the first wine we tasted. This is a type of Pink wine, Rose. Not red wine, not white wine. It's pink wine!!! I've forget how it taste like already because after that we tried so many other wines. Tried until I'm a little confused which is which now. 


Like I say, we tasted a few other wines from other Countries but the only one that leaves me with the deepest impression and I'm in love with is the following wine. 


Moscato D'Asti 2011 from ITALY!!! It's sweet and light, just like sparkling juice and it's a kind of dessert wine (learnt from Jessie). We all concluded that this is our favourite wine of all. Terence bought it right there at SGD 26. Now I felt a bit regretted that I didn't buy it. If I have bought it, I would have be sipping it now and listening to some oldies while I'm typing this post. Well, well, till then. 

No comments: