Thursday, March 31, 2011

The odd one out ?

Thanks Lis for the souvenir from Phuket


Ever felt that you are the odd one out and you tried ways and means to fit in but ended up getting yourself into uncomfortable situation? I used to encounter that. However, I'm beginning to accept myself and starting to love myself more. If nobody appreciates me, I will pamper myself more.  I've realised that being the odd one out also means I'm special. I'm different from the rest who are the same. I want to be special and stand out from the rest. I don't mind being the joker or let other people laugh at me, laugh as much as you can, cause I have done a good deed to make your day happier, right?

Another thing is to learn to say "No". Saying no doesn't mean that I'm selfish. I say no when I'm really too tired to go to a party. I say no to people who tried to take advantage. Yes, it's perfectly ok to say no, otherwise wouldn't it drive people crazy to be agreeing to almost everything? If they are your friend they wouldn't even asked so much and you wouldn't even feel like you are obligated to explain as there's definitely a reason for people to say NO.

No comments: