Monday, September 20, 2010

Hãagen-Dazs make someone melt this mid-autumn festival ice-cream mooncakes



Bf pre-ordered this box of $62 ice-cream mooncake from Hãagen-Dazs and I only knew it when I wanted to buy ice-cream mooncakes too but from Swenson. It's due for collection today so we picked it up from the Holland Village branch.

This box of "mooncakes" is called "Precious" containing a macadamia nut ice cream mooncake, surrounded by 3 vanilla and 2 Belgian chocolate miniature ice cream mooncake. The big one when cut opened would have a mango sorbet "yolk" inside.

Other then the appearance that makes them looks like mooncake, there is actually little resemblance of the traditional or even snow skin mooncake. In fact, it does feels abit like eating magnum ice-cream. So my parents commented that with that amount of money, actually can buy 20+ magnum ice-cream already. As for me, I think this type of price is reasonable for this brand but I still finds it too steep for our normal consumptions. Well, so thanks for bf's if not I think we wouldn't be eating this high class mooncakes this mid-autumn festival.  

No comments: