Thursday, September 02, 2010

Going the Distance - Movie treat by Laurier F at Plaza Singapura

Received a call from Laurier F to inform me that I've won a myself a pair of movie tickets to watch Going the Distance at Plaza Singapura. How did I get this lobang? It's from this free sample

 that I received previously from Singpost Things box. There is a lucky draw coupon that I need to mail back together with a proof of receipt to show that I've bought one pack of Lauier F. Didn't expect to win cause I actually mailed back quite late and was near the closing date.

............................................................................

Took the North East Line to Plaza Singapura and reached there just when the movie started at 7pm. Quickly went to the booth an redeem the movie tickets. Tickets are given out on a first come first serve basis, starting from the back row, since I'm considered late, I got the tickets for the third row. Just got to find out also that Laurier is specially designed and developed in Japan! My favourite country. Hahaha.



I was again surprised by the Laurier F team when they passed me a small goodie bag. Wow. Watch movie still can get freebies. Really thoughtful of them.



Suddenly, I was approached by a guy who gave me this pink polka-dots sanitary pouch. In return, I will have to invite 20 friends to join their Laurier group in Facebook. The laptop there is down but he say he trust us to do so back home and I really did sent exactly 20 invitations. Only thing is I don't know did anybody join or not. Talk about sanitary pouch, today my colleague, L just bought me one hot pink one too. So I was thinking of giving her the extra goodie bag in return since my bf wouldn't have any use of the things inside.     


..............................................................................

So the movie started and here's the tickets.

Movie is rated M18. Below photo taken from the IMDB website. This movie is about how Erin (Drew Barrymore) and Garrett (Justin Long) survived a long distance relationship, whereby one is at New York City and the other at San Francisco which is about 4,126km apart with a time difference of 3 hours apart. Got to sample the sweetness of this two couples in genuine love on screen and after some research, I found out that they are a couple in real life too but that was months ago or did they patch up after this movie? This movie used a lot of the F-word but it's acceptable.

In reality, I have not encountered any long distance relationship. I don't think it's easy to maintain and definitely the couple need to build a trust nobody can break. Just like in the movie when outsiders questioned the couple things like, "How do you know he's not cheating on you since you were not around and he could be doing just anything, flirting with other ladies, etc." Although cheating can also happened even if the two parties are in the same country but I think it's even more common for those seperated.

Found this interesting website that provides 96 activites that couples in a long distance relationship can consider doing together. Most of them requires one to be infront of the internet of course. Overall, I think a long distance relationship may have it pros and cons so it really depends on how the couple manage it.

Anyway, for this movie, the ending turns out well as after several months, the guy actually sacrifies, and found a new job which allows him to be closer to Erin, he arranged a surprised meet up and realised that both are actually still single and have feeling for each other. So it's a happy ending. :)

No comments: