Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alice in Wonderland @ Marina Square

It has been a few months since I'm back on Earth after the slaying of Jabberwocky in Wonderland. Since that day onwards, I've stopped having dreams of the creatures there. However, one thing that doesn't change is that I still think of 6 impossible things every morning before breakfast. Just when I thought that would be the last time I saw the Mad Hatter and the beautiful White Queen, I received an invitation from the Mad Hatter to his Tea Party. The invitation was passed to me by the bright blue butterfly which is none other than the Abosolom that has grown out from the cocoon.

Wearing my favourite blue dress, I was kind of excited and nervous at the same time about going back to the Wonderland. Down the rabbit hole I fall, drank the potion that makes me shrink and off I went to the Mad Hatter's house, it was amazing that I still clearly remembers the direction there.

To my surprise, when I've arrived, I saw not only the White Queen and the Mad Hatter, but also the Red Queen. Later, I realised that the kind White Queen has decided to reduce the Red Queen's sentence and release her in advance due to the fact that she has already learnt her lesson and is showing drastic improvements in her attitude. When everyone has gathered, we started eating. We had macarons, cakes, brownies, ice-creams and toast with champagne in celebration of the reunion of the Red and White Queen.

After eating, it's one minute to fame time. Mallymkun, the dormouse performed stunts with its hat pin. He came out with a new set of fighting skill called "the double strike". The Red Queen and White Queen sashayed out hand in hand in their new outfits. The March Hare showed off his tossing skill and can now toss up to 8 cups at the same time. McTwisp, the white rabbit put up a magic show with Chessur, the Cheshire cat called "Travel back in time". The mad hatter as usual dance his famous Fudderwupping dance much to everyone's delight.

As the sun sets, it's also time for me to return home. They have invented a new way for me to go back to Earth and that is to drink a potion made of 7 different ingredients which I rather not mention what they are. I am truly glad for the sisters as blood is thicker than water. All those fights are definitely not worth it.

A group photo of us at the Tea party.



..................................................................................................

Back from watching Alice in Wonderland, I'm not sure why everyone gives such good comments on this movie. Other than the nice visuals, the storyline was too simple and expected. The last part when Alice have to kill the dragon, there was no excitement at all, I just see Alice running and running and no attack. Only until she climbed onto the dragon, than she managed to chop off its head. The only character I like inside was the Red Queen. The evilness she portrayed out was great. That big head small body image was convincing that she was a low self esteem person and that's why lead to her odd behaviour. Trying to gain power to make others obey her.


No comments: