Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I need to file income tax

Remember to file your income tax. I nearly forgotten to file mine until everyone's topic seems to be on this. So many people last minute rushing to cosolidate their accounts so that they can give an accurate amount to file. The last minute rush (including me) hangs up the system so much, I need to try at least 5 times before I can successfully log in and submit that pathetic income tax return. If you are blur blur like me and not sure whether you need to file income tax, please read below.

"You will need to file if you have received a paper form (Form B1/B/M), IRAS PIN mailer or a letter from IRAS inviting you to e-File.

Did not receive anything?

Even if you have not received any notification from IRAS to e-File, you need to file if:
* your Singapore income for the previous year is $22,000 or more; and/or
* you wish to claim tax deducted at source in respect of Singapore dividends that you received last year."

Source:

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04_ektid1448.aspx

No comments: