Saturday, April 23, 2016

[Run] The Music Run™ 2016 by AIA


The Music Run Race Bag Collection at The Cathay on 16th April 
Back for the second year, The Music Run™ by AIA is the ultimate 5km running music festival. Featuring over 120 concert quality speakers pumping out loud music across the 5 different music themed zones, this is a run that allows runners to experience total music immersion while you run, sing and dance your way from the starting point to the finishing point.

With my running buddy, Jessie at the Starting Point
By far the most enjoyable run that I participated, this is also the second year that I'm joining in this un-timed, non-competitive fun run. I won a pair of Standard ticket during my Company's Vitality Wellness Day when I joined in their Instagram contest. A few other friends had even asked me if I have spare tickets as they knew I'm working at AIA, which happens to be the Presenting Sponsor for The Music Run but I only have a pair. Next year, hopefully I can get more tickets so that I can invite my friends to join in the fun.

Old School is my favourite music zone
Some days before the actual run, we actually get to vote for our favourite songs online from a list of songs to form the official soundtrack of this run in Spotify. The five different music themed zones are Rock, Pop, Old School, Hip Hop and Dance. Old School is definitely my favourite as we sang out loud to songs like, It's My Life by Bon Jovi and Oops, I did it again by Britney Spears. These songs that we are so familiar with, we knew the lyrics deep in our heart. Some of my other favourites songs that were voted in are Bang Bang Bang by Big Bang, Hotline Bling by Drake, Yeah! by Usher, Demons by Imagine Dragons, Sorry by Justin Bieber, Drag Me Down by One Direction, Billie Jean by Michael Jackson and so much more.

Dance with the Rockstars
Hit the Giant Balls at the Pop Zone
Some of the interactive sections in the different music zones. My least favourite music zone is actually the Dance Zone which is the last lap of the run. None of the songs played there are familiar to me and it seems to be the longest route.

With our finisher medal
Our second run together and another medal added to my medals collection. Next year, we will be back again!

Front and Back view of the finisher medal
Was just wondering if the organizer will turned this into a timed-run next year?

The Finisher Flatlay
After the run, there's some live performances by popular local band The Sam Willows and rising Australian DJ Sam Withers. Didn't stayed on for this so we went for dinner.

AWESOME RUN AND I PROUD TO SAY I LIVED THE BEAT!


XOXO

No comments: