Sunday, August 30, 2015

[RUN] DC Justice League Run at Sentosa

What do you get when you put Superman, Batman, Wonder Women, Green Lantern and The Flash together in a race on a Sunday morning? These characters are all founding members of the DC Comics' Justice League and so it turned out to be the first ever DC Justrice League Run 2015 in Sinapore!

This is the first time, competition surged between the Justice League superheroes as they are commonly known to fight together to vanquish the evil forces. In a bid to determine the fastest of the League, participants choose their respective superheroes to represent in this 5 KM run to bring honour and glory to the team. 

Image Credit: DC Justice League Run
Just last year, my friends and I were having a casual chat about the different running themes in Singapore. We listed out a few that has not yet been organised in Singapore and the Superheroes theme run was one of them beside Line Friends, Transformer, and many others. Organizers may wish to take note too.


Was elated when I got the media slot for the DC Justice League Run this year. Somehow, dressing up as a superhero, Wonder Woman gives me more motivation and energy to wake up early and prepare for the 5km run which was held at Sentosa


My bro and I among the 5,000 runners who turned up sporting the colours and gears in support of our favourite superheroes. The flag-off took place at 8am and we reached the starting point after about 10 minutes so I guess we were at wave 3.


At this 3km mark, I was already quite drained from the up slope run but I kept telling myself that it's just another 2km more to go. Have to complete this run no matter what. 


Flushed face Wonder Woman completed the run. Was that a tear of joy? Nah, it was my sweat. 


Batman bro and I with our finisher medal. Really thankful that he ran together with me throughout although he can jolly well run faster and get a better timing. Noticed the yellow shoe tag on our shoe? This is also the first time I ran a timed run. Usually, I just go for the fun run with no timing. 


Medal and the after race cold drinks and dessert. There's a total of two water points which PH Balancer provides very cold Alkaline ion water for the runners. Thank you.


Some of the fringe activities after the run but seriously I'm too tired to participate. The trampoline looks quite fun though. Can be the props for very cool jump shots.


Superheroes costumes selling at the merchandise booths. The kids one are so cute!


We even get to bring home a set of air-tight containers from Delphin.


Had koko krunch too.


Us in our full gear and medal. To most of the runners, 5km may seems like child's play, but to me, it's a very big achievement unlocked this time cause I really hope I can complete the run within an hour. 

RESULTS ANNOUNCED

Image Credit: DC Justice League Run
Team Flash was believed to be the fastest superhero of the league; Team Wonder Woman was all about girl power in their allegiance to the Amzaonia Princess, Team Batman was outspoken in their support for the Dark Knight, and Team Green Lantern believed in the peacekeeper of the intergalactic Lantern Corps. 

DC Justice League Run 2015, Event Day Images (photo credit to DC Justice League Run)
Basing on the official result. Team Superman took flight at the DC Justice League Run and emerged as the winner of the League. With an average finisher nett time of 31 mins 10 secs, Team Superman settled the age-old debate by proving that the Last Son of Krypton is indeed worthy of the title.  


My timing for the run. Yay. It's within an hour! My next run this year would be the Great Eastern Run Women's Run together with Jessie as well and I'm looking forward. Hopefully, I have time to train and get better results! 

No comments: