Wednesday, October 24, 2012

FRANK by OCBC : Frank Party at Avalon

I was an account holder with OCBC bank ever since I started work. My first bank account was actually with POSB but that account was kinda confiscated safeguarded by my mum so I don't really have access to it. I know my friends were surprised when they found out that I don't have any POSB/DBS cards with me. 

It's like during our time, even the school encouraged us to start savings with POSB by putting in a minimum of $2 or something like that. Think they gave us a cute saving diary or card to moniter our savings. So ended up, majority of us had a bank account with POSB.

 Last year, OCBC launched FRANK cards and opened a store at VivoCity. What's so special about FRANK cards is that they allow cardholders to personalized their debit/credit cards with over 130 different designs! This concept really appeals to me. You can view their designs at their website


Somewhere in April this year, I decided to get myself a FRANK card too. I'm glad I did so cause back then there wasn't any charges but I think now, they are charging a minimum fee for a design. 

Was really spoil for choices when I was at their stores with the the different categories to choose from. 

Designer series which is a unique design and only 1 piece available, Urban + Pop Art, Movement + Music, Texture + Colours, Clever + Quirky, Cute + Cuddly, Wild + Bold and basic. I don't want to count basic as a category. It's just too plain and ugly, sorry to say that and don't get offended if you are holding a basic FRANK card, it's just a personal view. 

For me, I had a hard time deciding between designs from Texture + Colours and Cute + Cuddly. In the end, I choose the Curious Cat which i think best reflect me. I put this card at my photo slot and it actually did attract a lot of curious people asking why my card so cute. 

Photo Credit to https://www.facebook.com/FRANKbyOCBC
I can't find my photos in their official album. So sad! They probably deleted them. 
Anyway, I was very happy that I managed to score the VIP invites for me and 3 other friends for FRANK first ever part at Avalon! 

There's some minimum criteria that needs to be met in order to be eligible, like having to spend a minimum of $200 for that month. Thus, I charged all my expenditure for that month under this card to qualify.  


For most events, goodie bags are distributed at the end but this, they gave us our goodie bag at the point of entry. Big Forever 21 bag, later I will reveal what is inside. 



Look! Shu Qing has got a red FRANK horn at the side of her head. Haha. So cute. Photos taken before entering. It's my first time at Avalon so must snapped lots of photos. Lalala. 



 After grabbing ourselves a drink from the free-flow bar counter, we found a spot and were entertained by the live band. 



Me, Jess Baby and Shu Qing. The three of us shared the same passion! Blogging and attending events! Hehe! They are the first few people I'll think of when I have events like this. Not my bf cause he says this kind of events are boring. BOO.   



A fashion show was put up with the models wearing clothes from Forever 21. Nice. Next time people ask how old I am, I shall tell them, 21 cause I still buy clothes from Forever 21. 


Lastly, a photo of what's inside my goodie bag. We all get different make-up items in our bag but the mask and vouchers are the same. Time to go through the vouchers and do some shopping! Look forward to get more invitations like this in furture! :D  

No comments: