Friday, September 28, 2012

Guinness Arthur’s Day™ Concert at The MAX Pavilion Singapore EXPO


Let's start the post with a little drawing I did of Mr Arthur Guinness on my iPad. Arthur's Day™ is set on the 27th and 28th of September in celebration to Arthur's legacy. the remarkable beer - GUINNESS.  It has become a global celebration that brings people together with live music and beer and it has already been the fourth year that Arthur's Day was celebrated globally. On 28th September, Guinness hosted its first Arthur's Day™ celebration by bringing over 7,000 fans together to a live concert held at The MAX Pavilion, Singapore Expo. It's also my first time attending a concert as a blogger with a VIP pass. Really thankful for this opportunity.  


Guinness fans are welcome to raise their glasses for the signature toasts "To Arthur" during the five hour long concert featuring Taiwanese vocal powerhouse Shin, China's Della Ding Dang, award-winning Gary Chaw from Malaysia and Paul Wong from Hong Kong's legendary rock band Beyond.  


First to grace the stage is Rocker Shin! Honestly speaking, I'm not a big fan of Shin, his song is too rock for me and I have never sang any of his songs in KTV before either. Still, I know some of his more popular songs like Shi Jie Mo Ri and One night in Beijing though he is not the original singer for the latter. 





Maybe that's why even the videos I took is only of these two songs. When I go to a concert, I must make sure I know at least 80% of that person's song. If not it's quite difficult to enjoy. 


小宇 - 終於說出口

Is he the one that many people say looks like Jay Chou? Maybe his eyes does look like Jay's. Same single eyelid and small small eyes. This song is not bad. A slow song after so much rock and roll. 



信 - 火燒的寂寞

Back to Shin again. He's very funny. He ask anybody missed him, so the front people shouted but those in the back like not much sound. So he say those who miss him keep quiet, and the whole place really become very quiet. This type of reverse instruction always works. Those who agrees put down your hand. Yeah. Something like that. He sang this song until very emotional. I'm actually beginning to like this song. His vocal is so powerful. How come he won't get out of breath huh? 


信 and A-Lin 狂風裡擁抱

We are very lucky to see special guests like Xiao Yu and A-Lin on top of the four singers. This is the first time I hear this song and when I went back home to listen it again on YouTube, I saved it in my playlist.   




TO ARTHUR! He finished the beer in one glup and went on to sing his last song sayonara which is quite a catchy song that after listening I also know when to sing the word SAYONARA. HAHA. 


Next up is Della Ding Dang!! Woohoo. My Super Idol~ I love her songs very very much!! Was singing along to most of her songs thus didn't took much photos. She sang a total of 11 songs ok. Wonder where she gets her stamina from and there's one song that requires her to dance in a cheerleading formation. 11 songs namely

- Wo Shi Yi Zhi Xiao Xiao Niao
- Hao Nan De 
- Cai Bu Tou
- Ye Shou
- Yi Ge Ren Bu Ke Neng
- Bu Gou Yong Gan
- Bu Shi Wo De Cuo
- Yang Cong
- Fast Song  (Dunno the name)
- Zi You
- Wo Ai Ta (the song that brought her to fame)
(She sang it after the toast to Arthur)

 Anyway, for all her fans, she would be coming to Singapore again soon on the 5th of Jan to open her concert!! *SCREAM* I know a lot of my friends are also her fans so the below three videos are especially for you all to enjoy! :)  




Shiok to the MAX right? She has the power to change the mood and atmosphere of the audience with her voice and songs. Fast songs gets us clapping, her slow songs gets us emo.


TO ARTHUR! She also finished her beer and still can joke saying if fall down also must fall gracefully.



The third singer to come on stage is Gary Cao Ge!! I quite like his songs too but he sang only a few of his own songs. He sang a lot of English songs. At one point he even went down to the stage to mingle and shake hand with the fans. He's very cautious when it comes to drinking too. The songs he sang at the concert includes:  


- San Qi Er Shi Yi

- Tears in Heaven
- Someone Like You
- Change the world
- All I have to do is dream (Sensation album)
- Fly me to the moon (Song he wrote to break up with a girl)
- Close to you (first song he sang to his son)
- Bei Pan 
- Shi Jie Wei Yi De Ni  

Only took one video as my camera battery is low. 




The last singer to take the stage is Paul Wong. He sang mainly Cantonese Songs. 
 


Took the chance to went to the VIP lounge but strange thing is inside the VIP lounge there's no for us to watch the concert? While I was outside queuing for the washroom, there's many small TV for us to watch while waiting. 



Group photos to end this post. It was tiring but enjoyed myself a lot. Big thanks to Jessie for linking me up for this event. Thanks Rui Ting for the group photo. From Left to Right : Rui Ting, Shu Qing, Me, Joey. ^^ 


BLOGGERS UNITE! TO ARTHUR! CHEERS!

No comments: