Sunday, May 23, 2010

HDB 50 + Mary Kay Make up lesson

HDB held a community celebration at the open field opposite Choa Chu Kang MRT station for its 50th anniversary. The "Storey of Our Homes" exhibition showcase how the public housing has improved over the past 50 years, from living in kampongs and slumps to now living in the high rise buildings. Chinese dance, Orchestra and magic show are some of the performances they had. There's also a few games stalls, stalls giving out free pop corns, ice-creams etc. Bf and I did a caricature for free. It feels quite awkward having someone keep looking at my face. Making me unsure whether I should keep a smiling face or a stoned face. I was afraid that if I didn't smile, the artist would ended up drawing me with a sour face but it's tiring to maintain the smile on. Didn't stayed till the end of the event as the weather was super HOT and I have another workshop to attend in the later part of the day.


------------------------------------------------------

In the afternoon, went to meet Shiyan and her sis to attend a free make up workshop at Tanjong Pagar. Mary Kay is the brand. It's a hands on practical lesson so don't expect them to help you put on the make up. They just give the instructions for each steps and we have to do ourselves. Learn about the beauty fingers, which is the middle finger that we should use when we want to apply something on our face. Do not use the whole hand as that would be too much strength. Also, Mary Kay have a series of unique products that are not sold outside like lips mask. That's the first time I've heard a mask for lips! The speaker there are very nice and friendly. I think I am the lazy type who would rather just use a cleanser for my face and that's all. If I have to go through the whole complete process I did today at the class, I think I would need to wake up 2 hours earlier and those products don't come cheap as well. Imagine how many things I have to buy if I would to put on make up daily. Sun block, foundation, looses powder, mascara, eye liner, brow liner, eye shadow lipstick, blusher and those brushes? I think I much prefer natural beauty. :) 

No comments: