Saturday, July 15, 2017

[SOUTH WEST CDC] BABY BLISSCARD FOR BABY RENA


The South West District is the only district to have a newborn membership club whereby a welcome gift was given to the newborn in the South West District in the form of a Baby Blisscard

To be eligible for the application, one must be
- Residing in the South West District;
- At least one parent is a Singapore citizen; and
- Newborn must be under one year old upon application


My residential area falls under the West Coast GRC thus I was eligible to apply for this Baby Blisscard for Baby Rena. To find out whether you are a resident of South West District, do visit www.pa.gov.sg and key in your postal code to do a search. 

I sent in my application online through email with my IC, my daughter's birthcert and a photo of her somewhere in the early April. A month later, I was informed that my application was successful and the collection details will be furnished. Another month later, I received another email to inform that my card will be presented at a community event in my neighbourhood and I will be invited by my grassroots organisations to collect the Baby Blisscard at the next available community event. 

  
It was only recently that I received a call from the community centre to inform of the collection details of my Baby Blisscard. It was to be collected during the Ayer Rajah Festival Village 2017 and I was told to bring my baby along for a presentation ceremony. The whole process took about three months and in the end the staff merely just handed the card to me at the event. There was no card presentation due to low turn-up rate. The event seems fun but I didn't really look around as I was carrying my baby without any carrier. Just wondering why couldn't they mailed the card over to us which would be more convenient and perhaps faster?


WHAT IS THE BABY BLISSCARD?

The Baby Blisscard is actually a customised adult EZ-link card with the Name, IC and photo of the newborn and stored value of $38 (Instead of $20 as stated on the website). This card also entitles discounts and promotions for products and services from family-friendly merchants as well as parent-child bonding programmes.


Baby Rena was tired upon reaching home and fall asleep. A coincident that her onsie matches the Baby Blisscard envelope. Thanks June for this sweet onsie, it reads, 'mommies are for hugging'! 


A little update of Baby Rena, she is now in the exploring stage of her surrounding and she likes to pick on things like the blanket, her towel and the pillows. She managed to grab hold of this pillow which falls onto her tummy when I wasn't looking at her. Luckily, the pillow is quite light and it didn't cover her face. Have to be constantly keeping an eye on her. Can't imagine next time when she starts to crawl!


For more information on the Baby Blisscard, do visit the official South West CDC website here.


XOXO

1 comment:

XIAO YAN said...

If expired, can the card be used for discount?